Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I just wanted to say thank you to a "few" people.

First off, all the members who donated items to MR at the swap. We took your animals and found the right homes for them all. We offered extremely low prices and in a lot of cases gave items away to share the love MR style. Your donations help support the event in so many ways, it is pretty hard to count. One example, our volunteers were each able to take home a cool piece for their tanks as a way of saying thanks for their time on Saturday and Sunday. I spoke to one new member who was just starting up his tank and he was leaving with zoas, mushrooms, xenia, green star polyps and a toadstool to try his hand at keeping corals. Your generosity allowed him to stock his tank for a few bucks with the best starter corals you could think of.

BIG THANKS to the vendors and members who donated dry goods for our raffle. We had more items than ever and it seems like there were a lot of new people winning things. Such a surprise that no moderators won one of the big ticket items! :lol:

Big thanks to James Chou for donating the centerpiece item for the raffle and best of luck with your new business venture.

Thanks to Manhattan Aquariums and ESV for providing us with NYC's best RODI water that we magically converted into super clear seawater for our tanks.

Thanks to the people who helped make this event happen by helping out with the load in and cleanup. There is a lot of schlepping the night before and it amazingly happens with incredible efficiency.

Dave and Frank for bouncing at the door when it got too crowded. Crowd control is an art form and these guys were doing it even though I'm sure they really wanted to just blend in and start cherry picking the items first thing in the morning.

Frank, for keeping the power on throughout breakers tripping and outlets not working. I am glad we don't have to see the bill for electric usage for the two days we are there!

Mike G (Slamajama, Mountainreefer, Slamajamajama) for running some super cool frag demos, they were very well attended and people were raving about them. Big thanks for being the voice of the raffle, tough job being on the mic for almost an hour but I didn't hear your voice crack once!

Thanks to Tahl, Nikki, Zander, Jackson, Leslie, Turan and Ruth for managing the sign in desk and the associated logistics. Does anyone know that the sign in table sells more IC Gel to end users one one day than any other event in the world?

Kris for organizing the volunteers and hauling tons of stuff into place and being Mr. Water on the Spot.

Brett for running all the AV, building a lighting system on the spot, and too many other tasks to count that were critical to the event going off perfectly.

Kathy for organizing another awesome raffle that really caps off a wonderful event. People are already planning for how many tickets they are going to buy next time to stuff those bins.

Thank you Randy for organizing a great event and finding such interesting speakers and making sure all of their travel arrangements were handled properly.

As always, huge thanks to the guy my wife refers to as "Mr Reliable", Mike Marrone who handled all of the water logistics and the donation table. Mike is one of those guys that arrives early and leaves late for Saturday and Sunday of every swap. The event would NOT happen without him.

Last but not least, Jim Curry for helping us navigate the university's process for 3rd party events. There are a lot of things that happen in order to lock up the location for each event and Jim handled all the messy details with the university. Jim also ran our famous auction as always despite having rather pressing concerns for his own business, Saltwater Critters. Now that is incredible devotion to the hobby and community at large!

Another great swap! See you in the Spring!

:snoop:

Davidl919

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Sounds like it ran flawlessly, I hope it runs off to the Spring Swap, I really feel like I missed out on alot. At least I'll be able to see the pics that are always taken at the MR Swaps.

LeslieH

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a great time too! Many thanks to Randy & Josh for inviting me, and to them, Tahl, Christine, Joy, Jeanine, and all the others who made the experience of speaking an extremely enjoyable experience.

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Josh - Thanks and gratitude to you for putting aside the MUCH more important realities of life to make the swap a reality this year. Hoping the boys can be there in the spring and you'll add a new category to your thanks - babysitters!

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Josh - Thanks and gratitude to you for putting aside the MUCH more important realities of life to make the swap a reality this year. Hoping the boys can be there in the spring and you'll add a new category to your thanks - babysitters!

This is what has been needed to be said and acknowledged by the entire community!!!! Simply amazing and that goes for Turan too.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: