Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hi everyone, i'm new to this site. I joined because I would really like to have some people locally that I can trade or get some corals from instead of buying expensive corals from the LFS. I've only been in the hobby of having a reef for a year now but I have learned alot. I am very interested in the hobby and research almost every day. I've been on the reef tank. com for months now learning all I can. I started off with a 29 biocube and learned alot from it. I didn't have RO/DI water and got massive amounts of hair algae from my LFS' water but now I am getting an RO/DI unit. In the past week I purchased a 90 gallon with a 55 gallon sump and a Aqua-C EV120 skimmer that I am slowly but surely setting up. I hope I get to know you all well and hopefully I can attend some meetings!

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Welcome to MR! Lot's of info, and friendly people here for you to find.;)

How about some pics of the 29 for now? Just to hold us over til the 90 is up, and running....

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Here is a picture of the 29 before the algae took over. The 90 should be on the stand running days after christmas.
DSC00640.jpg

I have xenia, zoas, clove polyps, button polyps and just last week I started getting some stuff just temporarily for the biocube. I got 2 anemones 1 LTA and 1 BTA. The fish list right now is just a sixline and a fuzzy dwarf lionfish. My tomato clown passed away due to a recent ich breakout that has just ended.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
sixline and a fuzzy dwarf lionfish, lion will eat six line, what type of lighting do you have for the anenomes ? they require high light, id get the hair algea under control before adding anything else and a list of equiptment would help people out in helping you out

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
sixline and a fuzzy dwarf lionfish, lion will eat six line, what type of lighting do you have for the anenomes ? they require high light, id get the hair algea under control before adding anything else and a list of equiptment would help people out in helping you out
The lion is only an inch and a half long. He is staying in the biocube, that is what the biocube will be for after everything is transferred over so no problems there. Plus I keep him very well fed :lol:. The anemones are only temporarily in the biocube. Next week they are going to be under 250w 12k MH's. For the hair algae, I am getting 50 pounds of marcorock and cooking the rock that is in the biocube now for a couple of months until they are rid of phosphates. I found out a while ago that it is my LFS' water that is causing the hair algae so I am getting a 5 stage RO/DI unit to get rid of the algae once and for all.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: