32Bit_Fish

I'm getting a RO unit and it will be connected to my kitchen faucet. However, I have an old classic kitchen faucet that it only can be connected to a male hose.

The kitchen faucet divert adapter that comes with the RO unit has a female connector. I visited the vendor's store and they seem do not have any other kitchen faucet adapters that can solve my connection problem.

Does anyone encountered similar issue before? If so, how did you solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would not use the screw on faucet adapter. i would plumb it under the sink and out of site. i used the self piercing needle valve. you probably got one with the unit. otherwise buckeye field supply or any other RODI vendor sells them.
just remember to pierce the plumbing after the shut off valve.

Tim

Tim`s Aquatics
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Why would you not use the faucet adapter???? Some people dont have the room to keep the unit attached to the sink at all times. Piercing the pipe is not as easy as it sounds especialy if you don`t get it right the first time.......

chanman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
home depot/lowes/hardware store. Are you able to screw off the old kitchen faucet? If so just ask for the opposite adapter that would connect to a female. Really cheap but a pain to find so you have to ask.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: