wnlandfo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi All!

For Christmas I was blessed with a 14 gallon nanocube! I have it running and checked the salinity level. Now, I love coral and I know that placing corals may be too early. How long should I wait before I put fish and then coral?

Merry Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

wnlandfo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So wait one month before I add a fish. And when I do add a fish make it a damsel. Once the damsel has the tank ready for othe organisms then I can add polyps and other fish. Am I right? Now, how long does it take the damsel to cycle the tank? What about snails and hermit crabs?

wnlandfo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
SWITCH420 said:
lol yes how long has tank been running was the live rock cycled when u got it

I'm not sure if the rock was cycled. So to be on the safe side I should probably treat it like if it wasn't. The rocks came from another aquarist.

wnlandfo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
rhudgins said:
Hey I think you should wait at least a month before you add any fish and two months before a coral. I can give you some polyp frags whenever you are ready.

So after the two months polyps are the only type of corals you can add to the tank. Yes? Do compact flourescents limit you from having beautiful coral in a 14 gallon tank?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: