masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
I've had clams under T5's for 7 years, no issues. Like Warren said, you should look for a quality fixture that has INDIVIDUAL, PARABOLIC, HIGHLY POLISHED reflectors. There are many cheap fixtures on the market that are priced so low you wonder how they can offer them at that price. The first thing you need to look at with those fixtures is the reflector. Most times they are a flat piece of aluminum above the bulbs. This reflector is NOT what you want if you want clams.

Russ

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
If you plan on kepping SPS I would just go for a Halide/T5 combo. Your gonna spend a decent amount of cash for a really good T5 fix, why not go the whole nine yards and get the halides. Then you should have no problem keeping what ever you want

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
get a current outer orbit the fixture have every thing in it at least mine do 2+250mh 4+39w t5 and 18 led 9blue 9 white i like the fixture is give u all the lighting u should need to grow any thing

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
I have a clam and it is under ho 6 t-5s and it is doing fine. The lights area big matter of pref. esp on this site. poeple tend to go with mh because they like them and the other half go with t-5 to save on money and check out the colors. It all depsneds on what you want and what you can afford with a electric bill

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
people are always speaking of the electric bill. it's not much different either way. 6 x 54 watt t-5s or 6 x 39 and two 150 watt halides...it's about the same.
there are some heat considerations however.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: