Jimm0425

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being new to the hobby I was hoping to get your opinions and reccomendations on selecting a salt mix for your tanks. I'm currently using Tropic Marin because that is what the previous owners used. But TM is premium priced and I'm skeptical of the notion that high $$ equals best performance.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Well, I am have been using IO for the past 3+ years now with no complaints.:) Relatively inexpensive, and I am not having a problem with cal, alk, or mag as long as I keep up with water changes.;)

C

CrashGibson

Rating - 100%
100   0   0
I recently switched from Kent marine to IO n couldn't b happier...:)

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reef crystals, seachem reef salt, oceanic(must buffer the alk, but good salt otherwise). i have a hard time believing instant ocean is giving anyone correct calcium levels without supplementing.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I use Reef Crystals. When I had a FOWLR I used IO and liked it, but Reef Crystals for my reef. It's only a few $ more than IO, so I no reason why price would be a factor in the decision.. we're talking $2 or $3 more for a bucket..

john90009

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
using reef crystals but will switch to tropic marine pro because its parameters are so much closer to my tank- and reef crystals has an alk of 12.8 which is to high with my calcium reactor. Anyone want a bucket of salt lol :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: