oscar139

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I am new to the saltwater world. i own a 55 gallon tank with 60 pounds of live rock, 3 green chromis, 10 hermit crabs, and one brittle starfish. I was wondering if in need to add any more inverts to help clean my tank, or just ones that are easy to take care of, reef safe or just make it look more interesting. Any advice is good with me! Thanks! :starfish:

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Nassarius dont need really deep sand, an inch will work but more is always better. Word of caution, the large Mexican turbos can eat coraline algae, I borrowed three and noticed mine was getting eaten.

Gobies do a great job of sifting sand and you can also get a pistol shrimp goby pair. The shrimp will also do a great job cleaning sand. And the pair are cool to watch.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Shrimp and goby pair dont need a mature aquarium as long as the goby can get enough food. Sometimes they are a little shy around more aggressive eaters. I have a pair of clowns and some blue green chromis.
The two yellow watchmen gobies I have completely ignore the pistol shrimp, and they eat like pigs.

What kind of brittle starfish do you have. The green variety are suspected fish eaters. The dark black mottled ones are considered safe, but I target feed mine twice weekly. Just to be sure.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: