jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I started dosing this stuff a few days ago. Some of my SPS colors were getting a little light/pastel in color. This seems to be a trademark of T5 SPS reefs that I am trying to avoid. I prefer deeper colors. I am following their "broadcast" dosage and would love to hear experiences you've had with this product.

kris

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Rich, it's good stuff. Then again I'm friends with Chris, so I'll plug any of his products. In my experience it's not as strong as the zeovit brand. I'd still go slow and dose every other day.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
rich, I've been using it since last week of January. however I started with half of the broadcast suggested amount . In addition, I decide to dose every third day which brings it to about twice a week like they recommend. I also dose at night.

I don't have that many corals at the moment but I have noticed a darkening of the tissue on certain corals.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks for the replies guys. I am getting mixed reviews from the reports that I am reading on here and a few other sites. I dunno. I guess I'll finish this 4oz bottle that I bought and see what happens. Nothing else has changed or will change in the tank so if I see differences in my corals it would probably be because of this product. I am highly skeptical but we'll see.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
The only time I see coral color changes FAST is when it's bleached or on it's way to STN..

You need to give time for coral to adapt to change in condition, good or bad.

I used Salifert when I had the in wall tank, had a nice algae farm after a month or so. I think you seen it in person;).

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Hmm....OK. To my surprise I am seeing a difference. First the bad. I am getting more diatoms on my sandbed.
The good news is that I am seeing color improvements on a few corals. I had 2 pink lemonade frags in my rack for the last month or so. They have been a predominately tan color. I am finally seeing some pink and green to them.
I also have a red table colony that was very light inside of the branches, slightly bleached but healthy and growing fast(do not confuse with RTN/STN). Now the lighter part is pink instead of white. Hopefully the color becomes more saturated.
I have a stag that used to be power blue under halides. Since switching to T5's It has changed to a teal color with blue tips. Well, I am starting to see that turn more blue down the body of the coral. Weird because I thought the increased nutrients from the aminos would darken all the corals.

The changes have been subtle but noticeable. We'll see if the changes continue of the next few weeks.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Take pictures with the same camera and lighting, best way to tell if there is changes in color and growth..

How is the PO4 level with the dosing? I need to do something for my cube tank too. I have PO4 of .1 and the SPS color is somewhat pastel-ish, not like the dark deep hues I am used to.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Not sure of the Po4 I haven't tested. Pierce it's kind of hard to get shots of the blue stag because it just comes out weird under the T5's. It looks like it's glowing and I can't represent the real color. I will get some pics of the red table and the lemonade frags up in a few minutes.
Is your po4 .1 or .01?

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: