MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
the probe won't go bad, but it won't be as efffective if there is algae or calcium deposits on it.....I have one also and still got a little zap....when I removed it I really got zapped from a bad heater....and I have mine wired to my house ground.

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
many times fish get spooked by light, sound, vibration, etc. i used to have a tank near the stairs and i saw my beloved red spotted blenny jumped out of the tank when my kids were running up and down. i put an egg crate over it thinking it'll be good enough. well....it's not, he later jumped through and became a fossil discovered many days later.
i noticed you have dogs in your avatar.....do they hang around the tank....barking, etc.?
fish jumps....who knows why.......i have a tank to ceiling canopy and i can sometimes hear the fish hitting the light rack bolted to the ceiling beams.

Last edited:

greggnyce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
How can stray voltage make a fish jump? I would think that it hurts us because our feet are touching the ground, how do fish become grounded, unless you have a metal stand?

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
i did not know about the whole algae on the probe! i do have coraline algae that is covering bits and peices of it and a film of something over it. will be cleaning that asap! thanks. that may of been the solution

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: