• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

j900

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
my 3yr old named some of them
black clown = baby
yellow tang = Arlene
purple tang = papa
flame wrasse = mango
the rest of the other fish I will ask her tomorrow

SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
What are your fishs' names? If you,ve named your corals, you can include that as well.

So far the only fish I've named is my female A. ocellaris clownfish. She comes right up to me and I call it out when I put my hand in the tank. It's "Ow stoppit you bas#$@d ow jesus christ you'd think that a three ow inch fish would show ow some ow freaking FEAR ow..."

Or 'Bas$%#d' for short.

Last edited by a moderator:

Larissa

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my girlfriend named my fish also. everyone is named fred. no joke it gets real confusing when 1 of them dies. i get FRED's dead!

Hilarious! I named all of our snails and hermit crabs "Bob." There's one really large turbo snail that's Monster Bob.

As for the rest:
Clown - Winnifred
Bicolor Blenny - Ferdinand
Yellow Tang - Sally
Mandarin - Barnacle Winston the Third
Bangaii Cardinals - Spot and Phillip
Sea Hare - Steve
Urchin (if he's still alive, we haven't seen him lately) - Frank

We recently lost our Hippo Tang (Armand) and our Long-Nosed Hawkfish (Lobster).

In case you're wondering, Lobster was so named because he had the same coloring as that fake seafood you see at those Chinese buffets that claims to be lobster. :D

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
This is a touchy subject for one of my clown fish. You see I have a 3 year old girl and two clown fish. So, of course, one is called Nemo the other one Marlin.

Marlin is always pissed. He swam for miles with his friend Dory battling three large sharks, one of them a great white, endured constant high maintenance chatter from a derranged fish. Took on a deep water anglerfish, a whole school of jellyfish, faced the constant fear of death from all quarter from whales, pelicans and what does he hear when my 3 year old daughters friends/playdates come running up to the tank? NEMO!
Marlin tells me he cant bear it, "All that kid ever did was take a boat ride and meet new friends. While I had to search the entire ocean for him."
I can't bear to put a hippo tang in there.
Then it will be NEMO! AND DORY!
That would kill him.

I also have two yellow watchman gobies called mr and mrs yellow fish. And an algae blenny called flounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

wimby

C&S Miracle Makers
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
75gl
Cown = Peppito
Scooter Benny= Sooter
Blackcap= Sripe
Canary Benny= Viper
Firefish= Spike
Red Star= Mr Starfish
Other tank 30gl
Clown= Jaws mean little sucker LOL
Yellowtail Damsel= Fritz, Floyd died years ago
Royal Gramma= Two Face
Tuxedo urchin= Astaire
Serpent star= Little Angelo
and in my 12 1 Blue Devil Damsel named Blue

MSunkin23

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My girlfriend as well has named my fish, its a nano-reef so we dont have too much livestock

2 Clownfish - Nemo and Penelope
Hermit Crab - Andrew
4 Snails - Pedro, Fric and Frac, and hannah
Featherduster - Gibson

Larissa

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a touchy subject for one of my clown fish. You see I have a 3 year old girl and two clown fish. So, of course, one is called Nemo the other one Marlin.

Marlin is always pissed. He swam for miles with his friend Dory battling three large sharks, one of them a great white, endured constant high maintenance chatter from a derranged fish. Took on a deep water anglerfish, a whole school of jellyfish, faced the constant fear of death from all quarter from whales, pelicans and what does he hear when my 3 year old daughters friends/playdates come running up to the tank? NEMO!
Marlin tells me he cant bear it, "All that kid ever did was take a boat ride and meet new friends. While I had to search the entire ocean for him."
I can't bear to put a hippo tang in there.
Then it will be NEMO! AND DORY!
That would kill him.

I also have two yellow watchman gobies called mr and mrs yellow fish. And an algae blenny called flounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

This truly made me laugh out loud. And hear "Helloooooooooooooooooooo" in my head.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: