Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Is there any way to get rid of these Cloves, there taking over.

Attachments

• cloves 1.jpg
    cloves 1.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 157
  • P1070717.jpg
    P1070717.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 155

SaltyFlip

Percula Agent
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
wow...that's not gna be easy considering they've co-mingled with the other polyps. I thinkg you're best bet might be to cut out each stalk but take this advice with a grain of salt.
IMO i'd keep that look, kinda is interesting...unless it starts killing your other zoo's.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
removing those might be a little tricky once u take the rock out and every thing close up u wont know what ur pulling i would say take some the zoos and start a new colony and get rid of the rock with them these thing are like gsp they grow every were..and by the way them mix in with the zoos look nice to me

thesauce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
You have to pull them up by the base and this is only effective when the 'root' or runner are slightly calcified. Good luck, I have the same problem. Its a pain, but at least its a nutrient export.

DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
CLOVE QUESTION HIJACK FOR POTENTIAL CLOVE PURCHASERS

Do cloves spread by breaking off from the colony and attaching in another location or do the cloves have to be physically touching the area they will spread to? If the cloves were affixed to an isolated rock in the sand bed and fragged as they started to spread onto the sand would they stay there or would they find there way to other parts of the tank?

SaltyFlip

Percula Agent
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
From my experience/what I know, they have to be physically touching something to attach and propagate. Also never seen mine propagate in sand before. How bout others?

thesauce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
In response to the reproduction question:

They put out 'runners' or root/vine like structures, this is how they spread. If they have to cross sand, it will be easy to keep them contained.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: