Matt L.

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hello!

My name is Matt L., and I am relocating from Boston to Westchester County, NY.

I have been reefing for over a decade now.

I have written a few articles, and I am author of the Marine Fish FAQ on Reef Central. I recently bred my pair of wild caught, true percula clownfish and raised three batches (sorry, no fry left). I have an iTrader feedback score of 37 on the forum, which is one of the highest.

But alas, I am relocating to White Plains, NY for work, and it is time to pack up my reef and head to a new (old) home (I had worked there before for three years between 1999 and 2002).

My first question to the Manhattan Reefers is: where in the area is the best place to by a new Aqueon (f/k/a All-Glass) tank? I'm looking to set up a "temporary" 120gal RR system.

I presently have all my fish crammed in a beautiful 60gal (2ft) cube with starfire glass and a custom flush door, black formica stand, as I await the move (I will sell this eventually).

I may be slow in responding as I begin my move, but I look forward to being a part of the Manhattan Reefer's Club now,

Matt L:cool:

Matt L.

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thank you everybody for your responses. I'll have to see if I am set up to receive frags by the time of the swap.

I lost most of my coral in the transition period. All those fish in too small a space led to water quality that was difficult to control. So I definitely need a lot of frags, and I typically don't grow difficult corals in my systems. It will be even longer until I can generate frags myself.

I also can't wait to see new stores. I'm already familiar with House of Fin. Where should I head to next in the area?

Matt:cool:

Aquabacs

Azooxanthellae Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everybody for your responses. I'll have to see if I am set up to receive frags by the time of the swap.

I lost most of my coral in the transition period. All those fish in too small a space led to water quality that was difficult to control. So I definitely need a lot of frags, and I typically don't grow difficult corals in my systems. It will be even longer until I can generate frags myself.

I also can't wait to see new stores. I'm already familiar with House of Fin. Where should I head to next in the area?

Matt:cool:

Matt,

Travel up the road from HOF and stop by Greenwich Aquaria, about 15 minutes from White Plains. Store is amazing & Jason is a great guy. Also, this weekend he is having a amazing sale to help out all the reefers who lost livestock after the recent power outage.

Mike

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: