ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
i just wanted to know if anyone has seen the movie by the blue planet seas of life called "open ocean the deep"? i just got it at walmart today for 5 bucks. the second half of the movie is about deep water fish like anglers, crazy eels and random stuff. for some reason i think the movie has alot of computer edited parts. they have like copopods shooting blue chemical that explaode like fireworks in the water to scare off pray and other fish that have red lights under there eyes that are used as "Headlights" and some other fish that shoots blue gel on a fish to mark it so other pray know its near and alot of other chemical colorations produced by fish. personally if you see the video i want to know your input on it because i just dont see this being realistic. i know some fish do have the ability to produce light and ect. but until you see the movie, tell me what u think. the blue chemical that shoots out if litterly light lightening that explodes at the base but super bright blue. it litterly looks like they took a glowstick and broke it. i dont know. they claim 10 million got put into this movie and most scenes are never before seen animals and ect but i just dont know. if you have not seem it go to walmart and buy it. 5 bucks only. they actually have like 6 marine life movies. i got them all. this one though....i dont know. tell me what u think

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
i think i know what your talking abt i saw it on discovery or ngc channel the other day.. alot of deep dark water fish and inverts have over time come up with some fance ways for protecting themselves, and atracting food... lighting up is part of both comunication betweens squid(some change multi colors) and for atracting food like the angler and a few other fish..i though it was pretty cool

finksmart

SPS Fanatic
Vendor
Rating - 100%
268   0   0
It's part of the Blue Planet series. I have it and it's made by the same crew the made the current Life series, originally narrated by David Attenborough, not Oprah! You won't regret it. Make sure you get it on BluRay.

adamt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
all that stuff is real man, no computer graphics. It does look insane and in some parts im sure it was time lapsed so that it seemed like alot was happening rather quickly, but in a pitch black world bioluminescence is a big leg up. Have you ever seen a flame scallop? if not, grab one theyre about $10 and they have blue sparks that shoot through their mantle regularly.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: