ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Samsky,

I would add and watch them for a few months. Maybe have a small tank or rubbermaid with a Power Filter just in case they need separating.

E

Dmitry

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Wait! It sounds like you have 1 Clownfish and plan to add 2 more. That sounds like trouble, and their species has nothing to do with it. The paired Clowns are likely to bully and kill the loner. :grumpy:

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
ezee said:
Samsky,

I would add and watch them for a few months. Maybe have a small tank or rubbermaid with a Power Filter just in case they need separating.

E

The true percula clown is already in display tank, so that's not possible anymore, but it's good idea. Thanks

Dmitry said:
Wait! It sounds like you have 1 Clownfish and plan to add 2 more. That sounds like trouble, and their species has nothing to do with it. The paired Clowns are likely to bully and kill the loner. :grumpy:

Yeah, that's what i'm afraid off....seems like a bad idea to have both true and false percula clown. thanks

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
samksy said:
Yeah, that's what i'm afraid off....seems like a bad idea to have both true and false percula clown. thanks

It's not a bad idea to have both species in the tank. What IS a bad idea, is to introduce an established pair to the tank. They may bully the single clown, regardless of what species it is.

joseney21

FDNY MEDIC
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
i have a true perc and a false perc in my 65g, they get along just fine. but....

Deanos said:
It's not a bad idea to have both species in the tank. What IS a bad idea, is to introduce an established pair to the tank. They may bully the single clown, regardless of what species it is.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
joseney21 said:
i have a true perc and a false perc in my 65g, they get along just fine. but....

but.........???

Deanos said:

I might put two true and two false percular clown in my tank. Just worry that they'll get aggressive.

Last edited:

ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Samsky,

I think the message is, the problem will probably not be interspecies aggression, it will probably be the lovers beating up on the third clown. Is there any way to only add one?

E

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: