mdk888

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
hey zahner, I have a eheim pump in shipment and got a question for you. What connection does it use? Is it just barbed or thread so that you can connect straight to pvc fittings? Whats the size ? Thanks.

zahner

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
hi
the inlet and outlet fittings have threads as well as a barb fitting. I am not using the fitting on the inlet side and i have vinyl tubing attached to the outlet side with a plastic hose clamp. I'll post a pic in a bit

zahner

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
here are the pics

Attachments

• pump fitting 001.jpg
    pump fitting 001.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 69
  • pump fitting 003.jpg
    pump fitting 003.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 68

Nsr250NYC

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
yeah i'm going to make mine also. i was thinking if you use smaller size pipe, wouldn't it be the same concept as using a valve at the drain?

zahner

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
yeah, the durso is easy to make.

A smaller size pipe might help, basically I need the drain to have more water in it and less air. not sure if I can plumb in smaller pipe though.

the problem as I see it with using a valve to restrict flow in the drain line is that a snail might fit down drain line but get stuck at the valve and cause a back up.

Nsr250NYC

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
i gotta read more on that. i'll let you know how mine goes. probably going to do it over the next week. let me know if you find a solution to your problem. good luck

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: