jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Water changes, testing, aquascaping, troubleshooting, pests, lighting changes, plumbing etc.... All the stuff that makes this hobby fun and tedious at the same time. I love this hobby but there are times when i feel that there is nothing more I can do to my tank except watch things grow.....which takes forever :D

What about u guys? Do you get bored looking at your reef sometimes? What are some tips that keep you very interested in reefing?

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
i dunno about bored, maybe like delv said my tank isnt close to perfect. Rich I get fustrated, angry and sad when im thinking about this hobby. It gives me more to think about then i need to sometime, and that is not a good thing. I wish i had a tank where i just watch stuff grows and everything is nearly close to perfect. The friends i made in this hobby is what keeps me unbored about this hobby. I have friends from other places but MR friends are somewhat fun to talk to because they understand the hobby and sometimes they have problems that you can fix. It's constant troubleshooting in this hobby that gets people addicted. that and the colors =D

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I think the real fun is setting up the tank and getting it going, once you reach that point it can get a little boring that why people have multi-tanks. The great thing about having a fish tank, instead of a reef tank, is you can take breaks away from the tank and not get burned out on it.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
delv said:
I'm not bored....but If I had your perfect, Eden like tank Rich, I might be bored....perhaps you should pick a more challenging hobby.....drug addiction is a pretty tough one....or maybe open a restaurant?

d.

you're a little wacky Drew :D

What I was trying to say is there is only so many differnt changes you can make to you reef. It's like playing with lego blocks inside a glass cage.

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Although I'm relatively new to this hobby compared to the veterans, I know what you mean Rich. However, with being in college, that boredom quickly goes away. :-/

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Dave I agree with you about MR friends keeping it fun. It's nice to have an addiction in common with others.
Mike I hear ya about reef burnout. I think I'm feeling it a little. Maybe I'll let spkyes stay at my place for a while and care for my tank :D while I take a short vacation...LOL

Free food + drinks Dave :D

Rating - 100%
26   0   1
What's a MR again Rich?

There's plenty to do with your tank....ever consider a urethane based structure for your reef? There's one getting built in a HUGE office reef out in LI soon (Very wealthy man with good taste)...how about diving lessons....might make you appreciate all those sharks you murder a bit more.....love ya buddy!

Drew

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I have some redbugs I can introduce you to! That will spice your life up a little bit, :lol: .

Rich, what you need is a MR DRINK FEST!! ........ on a serious note, I can't say that I have ever felt the way your feeling right now, but I live my reef life from one DRAMA to the next! :sigh1: :banghead: .

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
yea i get what you say about being bored. thats why i am planning my 75 gallon. hehe upgrades are good. and when i get bored with the 75 gallon ill start planning my 120-150 gallon. its alot of fun but it can get boring if you do have a perfect tank in a way. just watching everything growing is a accomplishment and hardwork well deserved. you can basically sit there and pat yourself on the back hehe. but i love this hobby and wouldnt trade it for anything in the world.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: