ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Most jawfishes, especially when new to your tank, will not come out of their hole if your arm is in the water. I usually just put frozen food in the water with the current taking it near their hole. When they're more used to you, they will start darting farther from their hole to get food

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Most jawfishes, especially when new to your tank, will not come out of their hole if your arm is in the water. I usually just put frozen food in the water with the current taking it near their hole. When they're more used to you, they will start darting farther from their hole to get food

He comes half way out of his hole and attacks the end of my turkey baster. But I still get half my arm wet. I'll try target feed from a further distance to see if he will come further out.

So far he won't eat pellets.

The Kent looks like it would help.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Its a good product,but after a while it starts to come apart rather easily. I've been looking at the pyrex glass ones that TB aquatics has.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Its a good product,but after a while it starts to come apart rather easily. I've been looking at the pyrex glass ones that TB aquatics has.

Not sure if it's the same ones, but I ordered from BigAl at ReefSanctuary several times, and his stuff is spot on. Think he does it on the side in his garage. Looking at this post, I think BigAl might've found some vendors to carry his product(s).

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/tb-aquatics/56830-tb-aquatics-great-feeding-pipettes.html

TripleT

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought mine at Pets Warehouse, Sunrise Hwy, Copiague. Paid too much at the time, but I was in a similar situation of needing to feed a fish ASAP.

Good product, but you'll need to drill out the tip if you want to feed larger food with it. I used a drill bit and spun it with just my fingers, the plastic is soft.

For even larger food, it has a tiny extendable spear at the end.

I think AquaHut in Coram also had it, but I'm not 100% sure.

You might also try a clear riser tube, cut to the height of the tank.

Or if you can't find one, re-purpose a vac tube by popping the top off?

MA-PY36GT.jpg

Or... make a diner?

http://www.melevsreef.com/mandarin_diner.html

feeding_bbs.jpg

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Did you add that after I posted this thread? I swear I checked your site first, as you are my preferred vendor :inlove:

Thanks K :hug:

That item has been on our site for about one month. If you ever need something that you can't find on our site, just shoot me a PM. Normally it's there but under a different category.

Thanks again.

R

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: