DrGonzo

Jack of All Trades
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I am interested to hear some of the profound and not so profound lessons learned about the ocean, coral, fish or anything from this hobby.

I learned how resilient my system can get over time, despite my mistakes, laziness, and experiments.

I also learned how smart fish can be.

BILBO913

If fish could scream.....
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Ive learned that my girlfriend has no concept of money when it comes to the hobby, and belive me thats a good thing :lol_large. also that some of the most beautiful and interesting, colorful creatures in the world come out of the ocean!!!

gimincorp

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
This hobby is NOT very time consuming. However you do have to STICK to schedule and TEST regularily water parameters. Initial start-up costs are High or HUGE (equipment, lifestock, materials), depending on your "appetite" and your budget. Maintenance costs are minimal. So, overall reef-keeping is affordable as long as you are willing to commit CERTAIN time to it (say 30 minutes weekend), and 5-10 minutes per day

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
I learned that "Murphys Law" is real and happens a lot.....:splitspin All kidding aside there is quite a bit....but the first things that come to mind is a maintenance routine; being consistant and diligent with this is critical. The other thing is redundancy in safety equipment.....float switches, heaters, probes, emergency power....basically everything that can and will break have a backup plan in place from the getgo....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: