Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Were here for ya buddy. let us no when ya want us at ur house and were there. i promise and a list of things you need or want such as corals. see if anybodys got anything thats hits your fancy..... again just let us no... were here for ya.

Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Hey Tom,
I know the feeling was thinking the same thing but i can't imagine myself with out a tank. My tank is still doing teribble and i lost a lot of stuff but once the tank is doing well agian It will be fun stocking it up again.

There's a lot of great people here as you already know and with there help you'll be back up and running in no time and maybe sell me a frg or two.

hope all goes well.

Vic

stingnyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
hey tom,

i feel your pain... i had about 5 wild colonies rtn over the past 5 months. lmk know when your ready to re-stock, i will have some sps for you.

-steve

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Tom, you've got frags from me when your ready.

Don't beat yourself up over this. As others have said it can happen to the best of us.

- j

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Really appreciate the generosity and comfort. :) I going to see if I can get this tank up and running. Its just that it is very hard to continue after somehting like this happen. Having to spend this long time in going all over the five borough and even drive 3 hrs out of state to get a frag from someone and then it's all gone..

But as some of you say, sometime it take a mistake to become more successful and a more beautiful reef tank.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
ctxmonitor said:
But as some of you say, sometime it take a mistake to become more successful and a more beautiful reef tank.
Thats the word of a winner ,Good thinking ,and call me if you need help plumbing out your tank and some zoo frags that i have or will have from my orders to come
SO you are set with anything and everything ,Just give us the word when you need help.Keep you head up man ,I just lost some wild colonies of zoos ,my pump rusted on me ,my skimmer sux ,But im going storng.Never Never give up ,That is just a sign of defeat ,
MR MEMBERS CAN NEVER BE DEFEATED!!!!!! :knockedou :grouphug:

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Tom
I feel your pain more then you think .But dont give up man ,im not going to give up and you know what im going through as well ,I wont let this break me and it shouldnt you ,,so hope things are looking up ,and i still got your back if you need my help.

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Ok, after a few battle with the tank, I am giving up.. Not the Hobby, the TANK..

I am getting a new one on thursday and hope to have it up and running by this weekend. These past few weeks, I am driving myself crazy with this tank. Now its finaly..

I am gonna start flesh, and not make the not make the mistakes that I had before. The ironic thing is this is around the same time when I first started to setup my first 75 gallon tank.

I will miss you guys too much if I left the hobby ;) :grouphug:

suntzu

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Hey Tom,

I am glad to see that you are not quiting the hobby. Thanks for all your help in the past. You are one the guys that make this such a great community. If there is anything you need that I have, let me know. I will try to help in anyway I can.

Best wishes,
Kai

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I brought a 90 gal tank from someone and it turn out that there is this layer of deposit that blur out the front glass 90% of the area. The only clear part was around 2" inches on the bottom part, which is totally not acceptable.

I tried many methods buffing with many different powder, acid bath, scratch and remove anything you can think of.

So that tank is useless now except for sump/refugium etc..

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Tom
good to hear you are stayin gin the hobby ,dont let it ever get you down ,not your tank or anything.If anyone thinks they are perfect they are worng ,things happen to the best of us and thats life ,dont let it get the best of you,your old tank looked great ,But now you can do better thing with your new tank and more knowledge in the hobby
Best of luck on your new tank .Kick some butt with this one .

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
DEEPWATER said:
If anyone thinks they are perfect they are worng

I think I am perfext. :wink1:

Well Tom I think that's the best thing to do, getting the new tank.

Do you think you will be using the old 90 as a sump?

I'm saving some big stuff for you :)

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I know you are perfext until now...

I can't use it for sump as it way too big for my setup.

Thanks, I come get it when I'm ready :D

jhale said:
I think I am perfext. :wink1:

Well Tom I think that's the best thing to do, getting the new tank.

Do you think you will be using the old 90 as a sump?

I'm saving some big stuff for you :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: