nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Well I just got home with it and the mothers scared because of the Co2 tank. First question how dangerous is the stuff using it in this type of application??(For ease of mind). Ok well I've got everything i just dont know how in the world to work it. Any one wanna show me the ropes?
Thanks,
Kris

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Is something wrong with the meter on the right in the pic? Inside the red circle the "arrow" is below the silver thing, wouldn't that stop it from showing the pressure?

Attachments

• 000_4685.JPG
    000_4685.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 131

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
nanoreefer22 said:
Is something wrong with the meter on the right in the pic? Inside the red circle the "arrow" is below the silver thing, wouldn't that stop it from showing the pressure?
unscrew the face plate gently put the needle on the correct side of the stop might have gotten bounced around

Co2 is not dangerous, non flamable and CO2 is found in a soda bottle

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
NYPDFrogman said:
unscrew the face plate gently put the needle on the correct side of the stop might have gotten bounced around

Co2 is not dangerous, non flamable and CO2 is found in a soda bottle

Thanks Frank. I'm reading and re-reading all the directions to make sure i don't screw anything up.

With the bubble counter it should only be half filled? Or is it ok if its filled up 3/4ths of the way?
-Kris

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Just like an aerosol can don't drop, kick, puncture or expose to excessive heat or there could be a problem. That being said as long as you don't throw the tank into the furnace or onto a bed of spikes you will be fine.

Frank never saw a soda bottle explode because it fell off the top shelf? I used to manage a Beer and Soda store all I can say it DUCK AND COVER LOLOL!!!

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Chiefmcfuz said:
Just like an aerosol can don't drop, kick, puncture or expose to excessive heat or there could be a problem. That being said as long as you don't throw the tank into the furnace or onto a bed of spikes you will be fine.

Frank never saw a soda bottle explode because it fell off the top shelf? I used to manage a Beer and Soda store all I can say it DUCK AND COVER LOLOL!!!

this brings up a good point which is not covered to often.

if you really want to be safe with the CO2 bottle you can use metal straps to "tie" it down.

I have seen people strap the bottles to plywood screwed very tightly to the wall. this will prevent tanks being knocked over, and in the worst case scenario they will not fly across the room and hit someone in the crotch.

if you have little children, or teenagers, lol kris, this is not a bad idea. nothing like a CO2 tank hitting the reef tank to wake you up. or your crotch for that matter, ow.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
noodleman said:
60psi is the pressure inside your CO2 tank, so guessing its filled

Nope. 60PSI is the second stage coming out of your regulator; it should be less than 10PSI.

The gage on the left reading from 0-3500PSI is the tank pressure, normally filled tank should be at 800PSI full.

A full tank tipping on its end and breaking its valve can be VERY DANGER, it will fly like a little rocket and knock down everything in its way.

Last edited:

noodleman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
cali_reef said:
Nope. 60PSI is the second stage coming out of your regulator; it should be less than 10PSI.

The gage on the left reading from 0-3500PSI is the tank pressure, normally filled tank should be at 1800PSI full.

A full tank tipping on its end and breaking its valve can be VERY DANGER, it will fly like a little rocket and knock down everything in its way.

reminds me of the movie JAWS when they used gas tanks to blow him up

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: