jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
ok been running t5 for about 1 1/2 tryed ever bulb combo out there. yesterday i was at the lfs found this amazing acro frag so i got it .went home dipped it and put it the tank damm it is the ulgyist coral i have ever seen wtf
so i am done with this t5 lights going back to my old set up 2 250 watt mh with old school vho sorry i am just venting

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
nope all my corals from 2 years ago are still in there and does not even come close to what they looked like under mh lighting water is the same only thing i change is this damm light going back how mant t5 sops do you really seen that are nice there are alot out there dont get me wrong but the really nice one run mh jmo

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
T5 is all about the reflector, you can have the best ballast and bulbs on the market but the wrong reflectors will make them looking like a 25W light bulb.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
jerl77 said:
see there are people like me.hows the colors now wes?

I think it's alot easier to get good deep rich color from MH vs. a pastel color from T5 but everytime I say it T5 users get upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
< doesnt get upset. ive used mh, t5 and led, led best colors for corals but almost fake looking, and i have no problem getting deep rich colors from my sps with t5's

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: