strendo

Rating - 95.2%
40   2   0
What do you use to vacuum your sand bed?

Do you test for Iodine? How much are you dosing?

What do your typical test levels look like? Do you do any Potassium dosing?

I don't test for it, but I do 2 drops of Luigis/day.
Alk is between 7-8, Cal 400, MG 1400+, Phosphates .03 via hanna digital phosphate meter, nitrates are undetectable

strendo

Rating - 95.2%
40   2   0
Fantastic tank! So clean. Did you have an idea/theme in mind when you did the aquascaping, or is that the end result of numerous changes?

Thanks!
I've always liked minimal modern tanks with small amounts of rock in them. I wanted to go for one large island, with smaller one next to it. For a while I had a bridge connecting them but it looked too fake.

strendo

Rating - 95.2%
40   2   0
Your tank is stunning! I love the scape, nice and full without being overcrowded.

We'll have to talk former Pratt student to former Pratt student sometime. I ended up being Randy's assistant/aquarium minion while I was studying there. Believe it or not, Randy is a tyrant of a boss! There's nothing he hates more than finding budding reefers at Pratt ;)

Thanks! I'm going to try and come by next week

strendo

Rating - 95.2%
40   2   0
Thanks for the kind words everyone!
Here's a few more pics. I'll shoot some new photos of the sump room this weekend:

Attachments

• IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0987.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 583
  • IMG_0989.jpg
    IMG_0989.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 582
  • IMG_1465.jpg
    IMG_1465.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 584
  • IMG_1470.jpg
    IMG_1470.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 583
  • IMG_1478.jpg
    IMG_1478.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 583
  • IMG_1485.jpg
    IMG_1485.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 580

coralite

Jake Adams
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank there, very inspirational and modern. Minus the obvious water pumps, this tank is an archetype for how reef tanks should like in the future: great corals, good aquascape and realistic colors. Bravo!

strendo

Rating - 95.2%
40   2   0
Great looking tank there, very inspirational and modern. Minus the obvious water pumps, this tank is an archetype for how reef tanks should like in the future: great corals, good aquascape and realistic colors. Bravo!

I agree I hate all the pumps in the tank but I can't figure out a way to get enough flow with my aquascape & run less pumps. I've tried taking the large Koralias out, but started getting hair algae in the dead spots.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: