PhoenixOne

"Drugs are bad...mmmkay!"
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My best, Acan leds, proflex sump, vortech mp40, aqua tongs, aqua gloves, Easy Blade algae scrapper. Worst investment, CPR CY192 filter, 72 gallon bowfront (lost of cabinet space, top center brace cracked on me).

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
This, coming from a teacher. :shocked1::shocked1:

Didn't you get the memo, no need for books its all about laptops and the internet........:biglaugh:

Its not about how many pages are in that book, it's about how many books fit on the hard drive space.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
I know this is going to sound so retro but -- A set of quality aquarium books-- All 3 volumes of the Reef Aquarium by Sprung and Delbeek, The entire Scott Michael series, and the Kuiter series as well. Sorry folks, nothing beats well researched, well written books for quality information.

+1 I also like Aquatic Systems Engineering by Pete Escobal.

DJYoshi

A Newbie to the Reef Game
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
i've upgraded my skimmer twice from a seaclone to a remora and now to a reef octopus.. after seeing differences in coral & fish grown & coloration.. I'd say the skimmer and led's with ATO in a close 3rd

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I agree with Randy 100%..REMEMBER kids knowledge is power and you can't always rely on the board because you never know who you are getting your information from. It might be someone who has no clue what they are talking about and that could be catastrophic! I trust marine biologists or proven experts with a book deal over a random stranger over the internet any day.

Of course there is plenty of good info on the internet but reading a good book on it can never hurt. An article online will cover 1- a few topics where a book will cover most if not all you need to know.

gholtmeyer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Reverse UG filter. Can't live without it. That and my boat. Well I have to have that to collect water don't I?

LOL, thats good man.

My favorite would be ATO and simple pumps plumbed to saltwater barrel so that I can do water changes by the flip of a switch. The ATO would by my number one. I fought the idea for years, taking heat from my buddies. But, Murphy kicks my arse on a regular basis -what can go wrong, will go wrong thing. But, I found ATO that has a double protection and if it fails, it fails closed, not open.

Reef_Paddy

Always Thinkering
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Best purchase for me was a Deltec APF600 Skimmer, soon to be a Vertex Alpha 200 :tub:

Worst purchase has to be ozone unit, every time it was on it stunk the room no matter how much carbon I used.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: