kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
So what is your best investment that you have put into your tank and would not think twice to buy it again if you were to start another tank. Also if you have a bad investment, might as well list that too haha

Made this thread to help myself and others with some decisions so be more specific with which brand/ model your investments are

Last edited:

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Can't narrow it down to one. But I can say the best investment would be to buy the best products you can. Like the best skimmer you can and lights, heater etc.

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
imo this hobby is exactly the opposite of the true sense of the term "investment". It's a money pit, albeit a pretty money pit. But to answer your question, I don't know what i'd do without my reefkeeper2.

lol true, but what i mean is the best investment for your tank, not your wallet haha

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
When I think of "investment" with the tank I think of something I could live without but makes my life easier. Good lighting, skimmer, chiller etc are not "investments" in my eyes as much as they are necessities to keep the corals I have happy and growing. As far as investments... my controller. I use the RKL and it was bought solely for heater malfunction redundancy purposes. I have since added a dual float switch homemade ATO and a ph probe to the controller. :) Very happy, next I am thinking about a homemade 2 part automated dosing system using aqualifters.

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Best investments are my controller, going vortecs over other PH systems, and my litermeter dosing unit.

Educator, I would opt for saving and getting a commercial dosing unit like the litermeter. A DIY aqualift system is a hassle to calculate, calibrate, and keep running at a constant without checking and maintaining it every 2-3 weeks. It will really weigh in on your time at the tank and your going to easily go through 2-3 aqualifters a year. There is also the possibility of setting the timers wrong and dumping your whole Cal/Alk container without you knowing.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: