Jkedra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had no luck with fish traps, regular nets, and etc. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands and make something that might possibly work. Let me tell you...this thing really does the trick.

The idea of this is to put it down in the tank opposite the front glass. I leave it in there for a few hours and let the fish get used to it. The fish just swim right by it without any problem. So, I just slowly grasped the handle and as soon as the fish I want passes by, I just push the net to the front glass, leaving the fish nowhere to go. This is the quickest, easiest way to catch fish :)

Attachments

• DSC00926.jpg
    DSC00926.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 274

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
nice unless you have a tank filled with sps, fish trap has always worked for me and dont have to worry about net catching on anything or gills getting stuck in nets

Jkedra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
All my corals are either on the rock or on the sand. I have no SPS yet cause my tank isn't ready for it yet. I have some corals that are on the sand...I just move it for a few hours and its all good :)

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
oh boy.first off never put copper in a tank second you should never trap a fish with a net.the fish have sensitive gills and scales.what fish did you need to catch and why.the best way to get a fish in a fish trap is very easy if you have a inquisitive fish.if food does not work use a red laser light at night.like a cat it will follow the light into the trap.if you cannot get the fish out and its life or death for your tank you need to get the rock out and catch it the right way.ive only had 1 fish i couldnt catch with the laser method and that was a stubborn pink face wrasse and since it wasnt life or death i left him in.your tank is pretty much empty so pulling some rock out would not have been that hard.if i purchase a fish and the LFS takes it out with a net i pass on buying the fish.

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
wow interesting stuff about the net and i wanna try the thing with the red laser lol it sounds funny a fish following the light.
oh boy.first off never put copper in a tank second you should never trap a fish with a net.the fish have sensitive gills and scales.what fish did you need to catch and why.the best way to get a fish in a fish trap is very easy if you have a inquisitive fish.if food does not work use a red laser light at night.like a cat it will follow the light into the trap.if you cannot get the fish out and its life or death for your tank you need to get the rock out and catch it the right way.ive only had 1 fish i couldnt catch with the laser method and that was a stubborn pink face wrasse and since it wasnt life or death i left him in.your tank is pretty much empty so pulling some rock out would not have been that hard.if i purchase a fish and the LFS takes it out with a net i pass on buying the fish.

Jkedra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

The fish was a sleeperhead goby. It made a mess, covered my corals and did an absolute sandstorm in my tank.

But the laser light lol I have to try that next time I want a fish out.

Jkedra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm telling you the fish is just fine and the trick was when it was right in the middle of the net, just push it down to the glass...obviously if ever, I will make a better one with different materials, but like I said, I needed that fish out........now

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: