KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
[FONT=&quot]Are you ready MR?? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It is time for the OFFICIAL Spring 2011 Raffle Prize Thread ….[/FONT]

doubletickets1-1.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Here you will not only find the RULES of the Raffle [/FONT][FONT=&quot](they appear down there at the bottom of this 1st post) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]but it is also the OFFICIAL listing of the great stuff we have begged, borrowed and swiped from our favorite Vendors, Sponsors, LFS's, members, friends and yes, even total strangers!! [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We do ask that you take note of the wonderful folks who have donated to the Raffle - their names are highlighted in black [/FONT][FONT=&quot](how festive..lol)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] in front of the prizes they have donated, and we ask that whenever possible please ask them if they can help supply you with your reefing needs![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you've been a member here for awhile, you already know that we like to add a prize or two or 5 of the wonderful donations that we have gathered each day...so let's get started...in no particular order...[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Air Water Ice [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1- Extreme Typhoon (retail $269.95) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1- Dual Home Reef (retail $189.95) The Dual Home reef makes both R/O drinking water and D/I water for a tank. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](4) - $25.00 Gift Certificates [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](2)- Mini Hand Held TDS meters[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Anonymous - (4) New weird and random "reef" t-shirts (Good Reef, USS Coral, Cape Coral, The Coral)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Atlantis Marine World - (2) Family Pack admission & Reef Tank Tour packages[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Acan Lighting - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]We will be donation a 12" A101AC Retail $395.00 and as usual, the winner can choose the light or a $395 credit. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Gotham Aquatics[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- Carbon add on unit for R/O Unit , 300W Visi-therm heater, a bag of Crushed Coral, and a box of Instant Ocean Salt[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Genesis Reef Systems-- A STORM Basic Top Off and Replenishment Module--$199 value.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Saltwater Critters [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dry Goods - Ecotech MP40w ES Upgrade Kit[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Livestock - Miami Hurricane Chalice Frag (Auction), Several MR table donations. Frag Demo Donation (if needed)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Aqua Pro Builder - (1) 24" 18W Royal Blue Actinics 2.0 with Power Supply-a $178 value.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]TBAquatics [/FONT][FONT=&quot]- Bubble Magus qq protein skimmer[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Pieces Of The Ocean[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - A pair of captive bred Black &White Occelaris Clownfish and an ultra grade Maxima clam[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Reefs Creation -[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Is donating a frag of 2 eyes (Emerald Mummy eye) retail: $120-140[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2-3 heads Rainbow Acan frag retail: $50+[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 polyp of Red Hornet, 1 polyp of Purple Hornet[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Marinetech Innovations Inc[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - Illumagic Blaze series M-45S ALC version LED[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Cherry Corals - Fauna Marine 3 Channel Doser $400 value[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Majano Wand - a Majano Wand![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Bulk Reef Supply - Five Stage Ro/Di System & a Deluxe BRS Reactor and 1/2g of GFO[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Diamonds of the Reef [/FONT][FONT=&quot]- [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Reef Octopus DNWB 150 Recirculating Skimmer: Retail Value: @$300 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]25 watt SmartUV Model 02025: Retail Value: @$340[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ushio [/FONT][FONT=&quot]-1 250w Single-ended 14K MH lamp[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Frags Unlimited[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Acan frag $40, Deepwater Zoas $30, and a large frag of War Coral $60 Value[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Knockout Aquatics- (2) $50 Gift Certificates (in store use only) & (2) $25 Gift Certificates (for use at swap) and a Frag Pack for the Raffle[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Got Frags? - (4) $25 Gift Certificates (can be used at swap) & a Red/Green Scoly[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Corallium -[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 2 $25 Gift Certificates & 2"x2" purple Micromussa and a Dendro Frag[/FONT]

<style> v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} </style>[FONT=&quot]Christine Williams [/FONT][FONT=&quot]- is donating a Sea Line 1/10th HP Platinum Series Chiller !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, thanks Christine!![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Manhattan Aquariums[/FONT][FONT=&quot] -(5) $20 gift certificates AND In support of aquacultured fish, we will be representing Sustainable Aquatics at the swap and they will be donating a pair of Snowflake Clownfish to the raffle.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Aquatic Life Direct - 1 $50 Gift Certificate , a few Battery Operated Air Pumps and an API Master SW Test Kit[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Blue Star Aqua - (2) $50 Gift Certificates - in store livestock purchase only[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]ESV- [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5--50g. ESV salt mix[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8- 64b oz. B-ionic 2-part[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2-4lb. carbon[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]AND[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]plus whatever salt we need for the event -(way to go ESV!!, very much appreciated!![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]AMAquatics - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]6 Aquacultured corals[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Aloha Tropics[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - 1 Full Line of Seachem Aquavitro Products (7 bottles total)[/FONT]

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> [FONT=&quot]That Pet Place/That Fish Place[/FONT][FONT=&quot] – 28G JBJ HQI Nano Cube AND $100 Gift Certifictae to be awarded to the same winner!![/FONT]
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> [FONT=&quot]http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/group/7955/product.web[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Aquatic Obsessions - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gift Certificates $ 150 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Brett/Bad Coffee- 24" DIY Kalk Stirrer and one pound ESV Kalk - have pics to attach

ORA- Captive bred Spotted Mandarin

Pacific East Aquaculture
- 5" Maxima Clam

Ecotech - Vortech MP40ESW!!!!!!!!!!!!! – You were waiting for this weren’t you? [/FONT]J[FONT=&quot]

Seachem- a variety of mixed products we will use for goody baskets

[/FONT]<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> [FONT=&quot]Rapid LED [/FONT][FONT=&quot]- (1) Par 30 LED Bulb & (1) Par 38 LED Bulb[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Marcin (Smoq) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]– (2) Reef Prints – see link:[/FONT] <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> [FONT=&quot]http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/spring-frag-swap-2011/96604-framed-prints-raffle.html[/FONT]

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> [FONT=&quot]Reef Nutrition[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- (3) Reef Nutrition Sample packs ($133 MSRP ea)
Each pack includes (1) 6oz bottle of:
Arcti-Pods
Roti-Feast
Oyster-Feast
Mysis-Feast
Phyto-Feast
Fuzzy-Phytes
Tigger-Pods
and a 16oz of Macro-Feast.

United Pet Group -Hydrometers & Cords Keepers - we will use these in goody baskets[/FONT]

Boligman - 1 frag of Purple Hornet Zoa

Skatezen - is donating a 46 g Bow tank, the tank is black, the stand is oak, just a heads up!

That is QUITE a List!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and there may still be a few more things to add !

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok..here is the official stuff...

The Rules and other Questions/Answers... please do read the rules so you are familiar with them, especially the first one titled ‘New Info’ !!

[FONT=&quot]FAQ's[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]New info:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This may seem petty BUT – there are some people who ‘crumble or twist’ the ticket they put into the bucket in hope (I assume) that their ticket will be chosen because it is more noticeable. I will tell you now – sincerely – I will NOT pick any ticket that has been physically ALTERED in ANY way as a winner. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Where do I purchase the Raffle tickets?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In a couple of different places... at the MR Registration Table (where you first come to when you get to the Swap) will be one location where you can buy the Raffle Tickets. We will have a "Raffle Tickets" table set up right next to the Raffle prize tables - come say Hi to Janine (Tentacles) and Frank (Cupcake) and get your tickets there!![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]They will be available for sale until a few minutes prior to the start of the drawing.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Once again we have a staffed table set up right near the Raffle Tables - look for the TICKETS sign, and sitting under that sign you will find Tentacles (Janine) ! [/FONT][FONT=&quot]We will also have folks selling Raffle tickets circulating around the room at various times during the day. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]How much will do they cost ?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The tickets will be available in $1 and $3 denominations [/FONT][FONT=&quot](do note that we have held the ticket pricing reduction to $3 for the higher end items once again for this Raffle!).[/FONT][FONT=&quot] The price of the Raffle Ticket will be determined by the value of the prize.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]How do I choose the prize I want?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Go look at the tables loaded with Raffle[/FONT][FONT=&quot]prizes ..directly in front of that table will be another table loaded with white ‘Buckets’. The top of each bucket will have the name of the prize and the donor and a ‘slot’ to drop your lucky raffle ticket in. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pick the prize or prizes that you want to win and drop at least one raffle ticket into that bucket - (be sure you use the correct value ticket – they are clearly marked! )The Prizes will require either a $1 or $3 ticket for entry.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]** We are going to ATTEMPT to keep the buckets roughly in front of the prizes they represent.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Be SURE to KEEP the portion of the ticket that says “KEEP THIS TICKET”.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You can drop in as many tickets as you want into the individual buckets to increase your chances of winning that item![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Do I have to be at the Raffle to win?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yes !!! You [/FONT][FONT=&quot]MUST [/FONT][FONT=&quot]be at the swap in order to win.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (see hint below)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If a winning ticket holder is not in attendance, we will chose another ticket. Hint, hint..if you have to leave before the drawing..give 'em to your best buddy who will still be there during the Raffle[/FONT][FONT=&quot]...[/FONT][FONT=&quot]hmmmm...great idea...and do write your name on them so your buddy knows they are YOUR tickets [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
clip_image001.gif
!![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What Time is the Raffle being held?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Raffle will begin at 4:00 PM and should last about 45 minutes or so.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]How do I get my winning prize?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you hold the winning ticket for an item, you will present the ticket to a Raffle Volunteer at the front of the room at the Raffle Table (we will identify them for you at the start of the Raffle). You will then be given the cover of the bucket..with the name of the prize you have won. Take the cover to one of the Raffle[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Volunteers at the Prize table, hand in your cover and you’ll be given your Prize! This year we ask that you give the Volunteer your screen name when you come to pick up the cover of the bucket..we’d like to keep track of who wins these great prizes![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Will I be able to hear the winning number so I know if I win?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sure hope so! Most everyone is quiet enough because they want to hear their own ticket number being called! To help that along we will once again set up a screen and display the winning ticket numbers as they are drawn. If you hold a winning ticket - step right up to the front of the room and present your ticket. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]PLEASE DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE END OF THE RAFFLE TO COME UP TO THE WINNERS TABLE if your number is called!!!!!![/FONT][FONT=&quot]If nobody claims a prize within a reasonable time (to be determined by us..and we are talking minutes here, not an hour later!!) - we WILL chose a different winner. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We have no way to know if we have a winner if you silently hold your ticket - so please do speak up![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A Reminder[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - please do NOT touch the Raffle Prizes! If you have a question about one of them, ask one of the volunteers near the table and we will do our best to supply you with an answer![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Anything else I need to know?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is where the small print comes in…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Probably not, but if we need to make up more rules as the event unfolds and questions come up, we reserve the right to make those decisions on the spot. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]IF you happen to drop a BLUE ticket into a bucket that requires a RED ticket (you get the idea)...please contact a member of the Raffle Staff Immediately and we will retrieve your ticket for you IF you can show us the other half of the ticket. Once the Raffle [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]begins we will NOT retrieve any misplaced tickets![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Any tickets that are of the incorrect color for the prize being drawn will NOT be honored and a ticket of the correct color will be chosen as the winning ticket.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
doubletickets1-1.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]__________________[/FONT]

Last edited:

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Yayyyyyyyyyy been waiting for this thread! Sadly this year I decided not to blow all my money on this and actually buy more coral this time around since I spent a lot and won nothing lol. But I was waiting to see what's going to be up for grabs! Awesome list so far!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Yayyyyyyyyyy been waiting for this thread! Sadly this year I decided not to blow all my money on this and actually buy more coral this time around since I spent a lot and won nothing lol. But I was waiting to see what's going to be up for grabs! Awesome list so far!

No need to spend ALL of your $ on the Raffle, but there are some really nice prizes there already and some really sweet ones yet to be announced!! :)

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0

I'm with ryangrieder, although I say that all the time and end up buying them anyway.

I still remember, can't recall her name at the moment, the girl who won almost all the prizes at Pace U. one time. BTW kathy don't think I've forgotten that you won some of my prizes as well... ( the MR jacket and most importantly the marinelandland 45 gallon setup at Macna AC ) :fishhit: :lol_large: All in good fun people, win some lose some. I'll still be spending more than set aside money.

Keep those raffles coming kathy.......

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Lol..ohh trust me, I only said I'm not blowing ALL my money into raffles this year around, not nothing at all! I know how it goes... You walk into the swap all excited and ancious ready to look, you say your user name, get a name tag, and first thing on the side when you walk in! The table of raffles and the table to buy raffles that you practically trip over! Then you look at your wallet and go "ohh I have a few extra bucks for some tickets". Then you purchase some. Then walk around a bit, check out some corals, maybe watch a demonstration, and after the big circle of vendors a hour or so later your back at the raffle! You peek into the cups and say "hey there is not a lot of raffles in this cup....ohh this cup too! Better buy a few more and fill the cup!" So...you do so. Then you go "ok, let's buy some corals now that you know and met all vendors". You pick out one or two pieces and then go"....wait....that raffle for the acan lighting means if I win that, my corals will look just like the vendors do because they all use LEDs." So you go to buy more corals, then hesitate a bit because you want that light. So you go back, buy some more raffles, and go for the light. Then you see saltwater critters demonstration of the vortechs. You go "wowwwwww they are amazing! Ohh look! The raffle has an mp10 up for grabs! Better try and win that!" Then, in your mind your like "ok.... I have 2-3 corals and almost all my money is gone because of raffles, let's calm down, wait for the 50th batch of pizza to be delivered because MR seems to eat food like they are starved at their own homes". So you get a slice and half cup of coffee because again, all MR members are apparently dehydrated after looking at all the corals and need to chug a gallon of soda, and then you take a seat. You think, "ok, I need the rest of my money I have for the week to come for gas, food, bills, ect. No more raffles!" Then L"AST CALL FOR RAFFLES" is announced. "ALOt OF CUPS ARE STILL EMPTY!" says Kathy. Then you think grrrrrrrrr Kathy don't say that! "ehhh I will drive slow and save gas, I have food at the house and bills can wait til next payment, I need raffle tickets!" Then bam! All your money is gone...and you went to a frag swap and bought 2 cheap corals and over 200 in raffles!..... And what you win at the raffle will be a mystery!

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo......I'm going right to corals this year, turning my head at the raffles, buying corals, and when I hear last call for raffles.....THEN I'll go over to the table and buy some for whatever money I have left over.

That's at least my game plan and I'm going to try to stick to it lol:tongue1:
But this thread is like cheating in my mind because I already know what's going to be there!!! Grrrrrrr:irked:

:Yikes: I want everything already!!!

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
LMAO....... Nice description, but I think its fair to say that "the tables are stacked against us", or should i say "The raffle table". lmao

BTW ryan, did you know that a bag of potatoes is only about $2, and with all the recipes out there you can technically survive on a $2 bag of potatoes for some time...................

I can just see the recipes coming to mind now:
mash potatoes
boiled
baked
Au gratin
OK I'll stop.......... RICE , another inexpensive food.....LOL

tentacles

cephalopod enthusiast
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
That was me, I spent $200 on tickets though ;)

I'm with ryangrieder, although I say that all the time and end up buying them anyway.

I still remember, can't recall her name at the moment, the girl who won almost all the prizes at Pace U. one time. BTW kathy don't think I've forgotten that you won some of my prizes as well... ( the MR jacket and most importantly the marinelandland 45 gallon setup at Macna AC ) :fishhit: :lol_large: All in good fun people, win some lose some. I'll still be spending more than set aside money.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
That was me, I spent $200 on tickets though ;)

Tentacles, nothing negative intended. I spent about that much also and only won a gift certificate for $25. That time. I remember saying " she can setup her own tank now" . If I remember correctly you also won livestock. Well good luck this time cause I'm winning everything, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

tentacles

cephalopod enthusiast
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
Tentacles, nothing negative intended. I spent about that much also and only won a gift certificate for $25. That time. I remember saying " she can setup her own tank now" . If I remember correctly you also won livestock. Well good luck this time cause I'm winning everything, lol

no no! I'm sorry if came off negative, I didn't think you were being negative in your comment either (though I did hear some murmuring last year that it was fixed- I won't mention any names though ;) )

I did win a lot though, 3 $25 gift certificates, 2 par bulbs, some lps food and the house of fins blue rim squam. clam (which I lost unfortunately due to a pinched mantle :( ) Hopefully this year I'll be equally as lucky (even though I have to cut my ticket budget), because I want that reef genesis system and the acan light!

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
no no! I'm sorry if came off negative, I didn't think you were being negative in your comment either (though I did hear some murmuring last year that it was fixed- I won't mention any names though ;) )

I did win a lot though, 3 $25 gift certificates, 2 par bulbs, some lps food and the house of fins blue rim squam. clam (which I lost unfortunately due to a pinched mantle :( ) Hopefully this year I'll be equally as lucky (even though I have to cut my ticket budget), because I want that reef genesis system and the acan light!

Those are my items, so keep your tentacles off them,LOL

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0

Whoa...we cannot count that tank I won at Macna - that was a whole different event..and there were 2 of them, so not totally my fault!...and I didn't win the MR Jacket (I bought mine :)), Deanos won it..so blame him ;)

I haven't won anything at one of our raffles in the last 2 YEARS...sigh...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: