UnknownWaters

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just read a welcome post where a member said he (Paul B)has been around this hobby since 1965 isn't that like since the beginning of reefing? lol JK. Here is my question just for fun who is the longest running (oldest in hobby)Reefer on Manhattan reefs???

Me freshwater since 1985 and saltwater and some reef since 1988 (26 Years)

Last edited:

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
paulb , i think he purchased the verry fist blue damsel ever imported. in came in on a sailing ship and he purchased it with wompum
:lol_large:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: Did you just say wompum, that is priceless.

I've been in salt since late 70's early 80's, but I'm still learning. and I paid with paper money.

NaClH2oTANK

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i set up my first salt water tank in 1979 in 8th grade.(20L)
my first freshwater a couple of years before that.
no one helped me and i paid for almost everything by myself.
i have had a tank of one sort or another everyday since the first one. never been without a tank. either s/w or fresh.
my first true reef tank, with proper lighting was in 2001.still running.
but i have always kept inverts before that. it was pretty common in the 80's to keep crabs starfish anemones shrimp etc with fish. made treating for ich a problem. lol.
i always enjoyed keeping octopus. once one laid eggs. then died. they werent fertile though.

Last edited:

loneracer05

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 93.6%
44   3   0
My current reef tank (the tank itself)was my granndfathers bought in 1920 something I think he said.its been passed down...really cool tank tt gallon no center brace....still original silicon.... it hasn't been running this whole time though.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Started freshwater when I was 10 (not counting turtles started when I was 7), so that was about 1965 or so....Salt water in late 96...my current 55 gal setup was started in Feb 1997. It started as fish with inverts, but shifted over to a reef tank over the next 2 years.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: