DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
For that much money..it better feed itself, clean itself, and do water changes for me!! Oh yea...also have lots of babies so I can quadruple my investment!! Hahahahaa!!

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
I love the basslet as well. While the money is obviously crazy, is it any more crazy than paying $1,000 for an eye of a coral? At least these fish are costly because they are in fact from deep water and are very expensive and difficult to collect.

:grouphug:

Very cool fish. I would love to see it in person. Maybe a trip to HoF is in order for the weekend, if it hasn't left the store by then.

Lol HOF probably paid about 2-3 grand for it and are selling it for 6 grand what a joke. It will probably die once it is taken out of the copper enriched water. Same thing happened to the 8000 neptune grouper that they killed and told everyone they donated it. Poor fish should stay in the ocean where they belong.

Well it's clear who doesn't like House of Fins here ... ... ... ... ... ...

ereefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Better yet, a picture of the person buying a 12k dollar fish

donkey.png

LatinP

Look at my bare bottom!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Shameful stuff, anyway I was about to post a picture of a giant white gold and diamond clownfish pendant but I can't find it in google pictures anymore and this thread just took a turn for the worst.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
If I ever had the money I would LOVE to buy a pair of leafy sea dragons. Now that is a fish that is interesting enough to justify they kind of money they cost. But alas, I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never have that kind of money.

Alfred

reefprobe

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that fish was $22.99 I wouldn't buy it. I think a coral beauty is a better looking fish.
If my wife came home with that fish as a suprise and told me she paid $25 from HOF I would thank her and take it back the next day for a partial credit.Boooooring.......

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
The main reason it costs so much is, as Randy stated, that it's taken from a great depth. The diver who gets that kind of fish put itself in danger so he can ask whatever someone is willing to pay to get it and I understand that. Is it worth it? Probably not but so are not ridiculously priced meals at some restaurants... And if someone can afford paying that much for a 2" fish he has to be a
Brain15.jpg
rather than a
donkey.jpg

Last edited:

Bilk

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone that has that much money that they can spend "that much money" on a fish obviously has "that much money" LOL It isn't consequential to them. It's like the average person spending $5 on a damsel. Let them have their fun LOL

krzysiek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
From what I've read... the person that bought it, makes more that, A DAY! ... :scratchch at that rate, if someone only makes $1000 a week, what does a $200 fish purchase make them?

It makes sense. My friend works for a guy that has about $25M in his garage (about 9 cars) and he does not have a reef tank.. LOL

Last edited:
R

reefmaniac

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I don't think it is reef safe lol. Soon that will be a 100,000 dollar fish the way they are headed.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: