64Ivy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Genecanthus Personatus. (F)

Hof-Genecanthus-Personatus.jpg

Currently residing at House of Fins in Greenwich, CT. And already sold.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Bah.. black and white fish.

The adult does look better, it will probably be die by the end of the month.

Just another case of because something is "rare" it should cost a lot of money, or is worth a lot. Most of the time things that are rare are ugly, and you can get something much prettier for a lot less, in this case a real lot less.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
R

reefmaniac

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
The peppermint angel is much nicer looking and I could justify that over the black and white fish any day. And the female doesn't really get any more color than that. The male looks ok though. There is a guy on another site with a pair he paid 18,000 for and so far so good.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
do believe this is the first one to hit the states, the few that have been collected went to japan usually, remember years back reading thread on RC where guy over there got a pair for 25k i think it was, if you got money to spend like that at the drop of a dime your not concerned about cost, specially seeing there are people making that amount in a day or less, { not me } and it was hard for me to spend $200 on a fish let alone 12k

stage3-S4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Genecanthus Personatus. (F)

Hof-Genecanthus-Personatus.jpg

Currently residing at House of Fins in Greenwich, CT. And already sold.

Lol HOF probably paid about 2-3 grand for it and are selling it for 6 grand what a joke. It will probably die once it is taken out of the copper enriched water. Same thing happened to the 8000 neptune grouper that they killed and told everyone they donated it. Poor fish should stay in the ocean where they belong.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Don't get me wrong, I can totally appreciate the fish and if it was in a tank in front me it would be awesome, but it just isn't freaky enough for me. Now if this one was an aberrant, than maybe we'd be in the same ballpark (but odds are it would go for at least double that lol).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: