jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Lmao Mabey but I had the sober wife check it 6 times and I made the water before I started drinking. The salt is what made me start drinking lmfao!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Reefs

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Jer,

a member just sent me a note saying they adjusted the box insert to read that it mixes to 1.0256

I am opening a box tonight -

If you used a whole box (50g) unit, I wouldn't throw it out. If you mixed it up yourself (say from a 200g unit), you need to chuck it as Josh is right, you'll never know which one you got right.

Sorry but will check and get back

House

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I could see that if the sal was too low, u cant add more mix, but dont see a problem with adding more water. The components are already in solution.

so if your sal in your tank had to be raised or lowered, u cant add a higher sal esv water mix to raise or ro to lower, if you used esv?

am i missing something?

Last edited:

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Salinity is only one of the components. Who is to say that the others are not off also. Seems like it is going to be alot of testing to figure this out, and getting to the right levels is going to require adding or subtracting the other components.
How do you subtract without a dialasys machine LOL
Throw it in the bay and start over with 49 gallons of water.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
First, he need to figure out what he did wrong, or he's just going to do it all over again. Second, he should just add water to bring the SG inline, at that point he could test Cal, Alk and Mag, which wouldn't take long to do. If they're inline, or slightly off, then he can use the mix, if they're off he can then determine if it's worth the time and effort of trying to adjust them.

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i realized that with esv salt you have to use a digital scale to measure each level. those scoops and measuring cups are not accurate. i use to always have the same problem as you.. salinity way to high.. once i got the scale a few weeks ago--all levels are right on the spot. i got a nice scale from amazon for 18 bucks..works perfect

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
Yeah you dont have the right water volume in there . And why are you whating 6 hour . That salt is ready to use in 15m . I alway get 1.025 35ppm when i make a 10g bucket . Alway dead on never a problem.

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
i realized that with esv salt you have to use a digital scale to measure each level. those scoops and measuring cups are not accurate. i use to always have the same problem as you.. salinity way to high.. once i got the scale a few weeks ago--all levels are right on the spot. i got a nice scale from amazon for 18 bucks..works perfect

Its not the cups i use them all the time and never have a problem it the volume of wate your using it has to be right.

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
thinking about this all last night i think i didnt have the right amount of water that why it is so high i am going to add water and check the levels if they need adjusting i will throw the batch out and start all over with the the 49 gallons i need what is the best way to mesure the water ?

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Bobby I am using a 55 gallon tank to mix it and I pump it throw my floor to do my water changes so I am going to fill up 49 1gallon milk jugs and do it that way I think
I took a gallon milk jug and added 5 of them to a Lowes bucket I cleaned out. When I had 5 in there I used a Sharpie to mark it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Reefs

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Jer,

Empty the tank. Take a gallon milk jug and fill the tank with 6 of them. Measure the distance to the water line and subtract that from the top of the tank. Should give you a rough 49 gallon fill mark. Or do it your way.

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
this is why you work for the faa and i work for honda damm you are so smart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead:
Jer,
but now the question where to the top of the tank is 55 gallons to the black rim?
Empty the tank. Take a gallon milk jug and fill the tank with 6 of them. Measure the distance to the water line and subtract that from the top of the tank. Should give you a rough 49 gallon fill mark. Or do it your way.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: