jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
I mix 50 gallons today I waited 6 hour I.got.a reading of 1.039 to high.for me so can I add fresh ro water to it to bring it down and yes I calabrated my refractor will this effect the other parts I add mag and part a and.part b?

Sent from my DROIDX using Reefs

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
That's not right - the mixture needs to be exact - if measured correctly it measures 1.023 out of the box.

make sure you MEASURE the gallons - not guess with a 5g bucket where everyone swears 5g is.

Not trying to be rude, but if you're using this salt you MUST measure all parts including the water.

Hope that helps,

House

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
It looks like you either measure the wrong amounts or didn't have the correct amount of water. What I would do is check which thing you didn't do correct, and then adjust from there. So if you did everything correct, outside of the wrong amount of water, just add more water. At that point check the levels, Alk, Cal, Mag and SG. If the Mag is off you can just add more, same thing withe Cal and Alk.

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Part a is alk?
It looks like you either measure the wrong amounts or didn't have the correct amount of water. What I would do is check which thing you didn't do correct, and then adjust from there. So if you did everything correct, outside of the wrong amount of water, just add more water. At that point check the levels, Alk, Cal, Mag and SG. If the Mag is off you can just add more, same thing withe Cal and Alk.

Sent from my DROIDX using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: