sroot17

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Has anyone had any experience using a hydrogen peroxide bath to remove hair algae from live rock?

I have two smaller pieces of live rock that are shaped in a way that I cannot physically remove all of the hair algae. I've been doing some reading on people that do a hydrogen peroxide / sea water mix to dip their zoas and was thinking of dipping this rock for a few minutes to see if it will kill off the algae. There are no corals on these pieces of rock and there is nothing living inside of them that I'm worried about killing.

Any thoughts?

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
You would be killing off bacteria if you did a peroxide bath. People dose peroxide to the system to kill off algae... maybe this is what you are getting confused with?

sroot17

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
You would be killing off bacteria if you did a peroxide bath. People dose peroxide to the system to kill off algae... maybe this is what you are getting confused with?

I've read about that too but the idea of dosing it into my display scares me and its not necessary since I do not have an algae bloom anywhere else except for this rock.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: