Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone having problems w ick in my 90 gallon tank. its been running for 3 month. all parametter are good. i have a few corals so cant copper. Started using ick-x last nite. my 3 tangs have it. my question is this whats a good product to use? or what other product can i use to get ride off this. need help dont want to lose my fish. seguestion please....... thanks

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
The best thing to do is remove all the fish and place them in a hospital tank, where you can treat them either with Copper of Hypo. So first, do you have a hospital tank, which could be a tank or a Rubbermaid type container. Next you need to be able to remove all the fish from you tank. If you can do this then you need to decide what you want to treat with, Copper or Hypo. IF it's copper you need to make sure you get a good test kit, if you Hypo, you need to make sure you have a Refactormeter, as you need to be actuate in the SG.

Also you're going to need to leave your display tank empty, of fish, for about 6 weeks. In that time the ich, in the display tank, will have died off.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
??

dont have a hospital tank! can i treat it inside off the tank i have? and is just to hard to take them out. i have so much live rock...

QUOTE=marrone;971438]The best thing to do is remove all the fish and place them in a hospital tank, where you can treat them either with Copper of Hypo. So first, do you have a hospital tank, which could be a tank or a Rubbermaid type container. Next you need to be able to remove all the fish from you tank. If you can do this then you need to decide what you want to treat with, Copper or Hypo. IF it's copper you need to make sure you get a good test kit, if you Hypo, you need to make sure you have a Refactormeter, as you need to be actuate in the SG.

Also you're going to need to leave your display tank empty, of fish, for about 6 weeks. In that time the ich, in the display tank, will have died off.[/QUOTE]

The_Robert_Loo

Seeker of rare Yumas
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I'll tell you this based on my experience. Its not worth the risk adding reef safe ich chemicals into your tank. I have a 28 gallon nano and my Royal Gramma had ich for 2 weeks straight and my Regal Tang caught ich along with a cleaner goby within the first week of purchasing them. I panicked and decided to give Ruby's kick ich (reef safe according to the label) a try and everything went downhill from there after just 2 treatments, or 4 oz of that stuff. First off all 3 fish died, secondly all corals became extremely unhappy and ironically a leather coral died (seriously, a leather died among a tank full of torch, frogspawn, mushroom, brain coral and even more sensitive coral). Then the tank started to get a cyano outbreak and algae was everywhere. I was lucky a LFS was able to hold my coral for me until this mess passed and it was only through vigorous water changes and aggressive skimming was I able to get the tank to bounce back after a month. The end result was 3 fish dead, 1 kenya tree leather biting the dust, candy cane coral bleaching, zoa's that lost their color, time consuming water changes and the agony of waiting for all of it to pass. All this from 4 oz of this stuff which didn't save any of my ich stricken fish.

LatinP

Look at my bare bottom!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
There are no reef safe ich medications, have never been, never will never be. Quarantine, quarantine, quarantine... of course they'll try to sell you junk in a bottle different companies have been doing this for decades none of them work.

mic_1011

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
+1 no reef safe ick treatment! there's a good article on here somewhere. if you search ick in this forum you'll find it. best advice.......read the truth about ick.....actually, i think thats the name of it. tryy and google the truth about ick-good reading and you'll get a better understanding. this hobby would be a million times better if that parasite would cease to exist!!!!

exoticar

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 70%
7   3   0
Kick-Ich

DO NOT, I REPEAT< DO NOT USE KICK-ICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used it awhile ago because all 12 of my tangs got ich, after a large fatality rate, i got it, but to my sadness, i lost a number of serious corals, now i have 3 or 4 pcs. left. please, whatever you do avoid that ****!

mic_1011

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
from my experience cupramine by seachem worked well on ich, but do not use it in your reef tank! it's a milder form of copper that you can use in a qt

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
still need to know what your parameters are at and if it is just the tangs, than odds are it's due to stress from aggression. One tang in a 90 can be too much but three is just asking for trouble. I would take at least 2 of them out to reduce the stress.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: