dynamictank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
What tips you ask? Lol
My corals for the past two or more months I have been having an issue with my corals. The tips have been loosing color to the bone n only a lil as u can see in the pictures.
10a1230b.jpg

I believe this is called a tri color bonsi or just a purple bonsi.
5340d2e1.jpg

More of the purps!
db438db1.jpg

Here Is a colony which is large bigger then my hands together n a loose piece if anyone wants to buy it but I rather keep it! But it also went through like a burn or something not bleaching.
8bc23add.jpg

Even my acan doesn't really open. Like it used to.
5182416b.jpg

All tests are good.
e4a6daa0.jpg

68a020d3.jpg

What is this urchin? He started out in a tank from a tiny thing.

jetthril

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
what about your phosphate? what phosphate binder do you use?

judging by the algae growth in the sand, you either have some silicate or phosphate in the system.

I had fought a similar battles with phosphate (ran out of phosphate binders, phosphate was detectable, NO3 was 0, pH, Ca, Mg, were all normal), and my tricolor SPS, totally browned out.

After get my new GFO, phosphate came back down to 0, within 2 month, my sps is as colorful as ever.

Try to run a phosphate test on your system.

dynamictank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
No I no my fish species very well API I use and red sea as well. I tested phosphates none present as for silicates I even changed all my ro/Di unit Tds is at .03. I also added a phosphate reactor but I am running sea Chem phosphate remover. I changed bulbs as well. I started using aqua vitro salt. I also started esv 1-2 n I had white eggs starting to bloom.

For algae I think the next step was gfo in the reactor n remove sea Chem n purigen I have in that.

Alkalinity I thought I tested it low but calcium wasn't high so shouldn't give me a wrong reading.

I started cleaning sections of the sand which has helped reduce algae on sand.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: