• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Tank is in the house! Stand too..

Cleaned it up and it's better than I thought it would be. I'm reconsidering moving the drain, since 42 viewable inches on one side wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I'd cover up the overflow box with a black piece of acrylic siliconed to the outside of the tank.

So I'd have a 48inch side, a 24inch side, and a 42inch side (because of overflow box) viewable. The other 24inch side would be against the wall and be paint black.

Anyhow onto the pics. Thinking of going with black starboard, siliconed to the bottom of the tank and putting 1/2inch of sand over that. Even if the sand gets blow around the black starboard wouldn't look as bad as just glass.

Both Vortechs would be against the back wall, since I don't want anything obstructing the flow.

Pics? Of course....

Dirty...
20121007_085445.jpg

Clean
20121007_095430.jpg

Stand (will be skinned with plywood) plants will be moved...
20121007_085458.jpg

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Gonna be a mixed reef, can't go full blown SPS (wife doesn't take much interest in those colorful sticks)

Thinking SPS in a couple areas, a couple islands made of tonga branch, millis along the edges of islands and stags in the center. I can't wait to set this thing up :eek: For the rest of the tank, softies and LPS for some movement. Lots of fish, lots and lots of fish

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Just wondering, but do you guys think that the octopus 2000 would out skim a ASM G4 with 2 sedra 5000's recirc and a feed tee'd off from the main drain of the tank?

Just asking because I have all the parts I need for the G4...

The super reef does look nice though.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: