Was that grown from a tiny frag?

Metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
That is work right there
Saw your tank this morning, looks great
Was that grown from a tiny frag?

Thanks. Yes I got a 2 inch frag in March 2012 that browned out - I had high phosphates. Took about 6 months to get it happy again then it grew slowly. It didn't turn into a beauty till a nearly 9-10 months later. Then it was the crowning glory of my old RSM tank. When I upgraded a year ago, the colony hated it and began necrosing on me. I will left with 2-3 bits. I cried myself to sleep every night I swear. Anyway - one year later with a lot of love it's back. And I have a back up colony which is what I frag. I don't touch this main colony.

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
Thanks. Yes I got a 2 inch frag in March 2012 that browned out - I had high phosphates. Took about 6 months to get it happy again then it grew slowly. It didn't turn into a beauty till a nearly 9-10 months later. Then it was the crowning glory of my old RSM tank. When I upgraded a year ago, the colony hated it and began necrosing on me. I will left with 2-3 bits. I cried myself to sleep every night I swear. Anyway - one year later with a lot of love it's back. And I have a back up colony which is what I frag. I don't touch this main colony.
Nice come back!

(did you say backup piece that gets fragged as in for sale?)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: