Ziggy

PADI Instructor
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
I am interested
Do to corona virus shop is closed but it will be open any day now.
You can start with academic part right now so by the time you complete this part we will have class schedule.
go to www.scubanewyork.com > learn to dive > open water > e-learning then will take you to PADI website where you will purchase academics and you can start your underwater journey today.
lucky you PADI offers nice discount now.
I don’t recommend buying any equipment online.
you will purchase everything you need at Scuba NY
Personal equipment is very important so need to fit properly. ( Scuba NY match the internet price so no worries for overpaying)
If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Ziggy

PADI Instructor
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
I did my original cert with NRPD about 2 years ago. I was interested in the Advanced Open Water Diver for the extra depth that's allowed with it. What would I need to do?
You will have to complete PADI advance open water e-learning
5 open water dives
2 of them are mandatory Navigation and deep dive
Remaining 3 are flexible but most popular are pick performance buoyancy, wreck,search and recovery
I am assuming you own your personal gear in addition to that you will have to rent scuba unit. Unfortunately scuba unit is not included in price of class.
BTW who was your instructor?

Last edited:

Ziggy

PADI Instructor
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Would an advanced class count as a refresher? Just curious. Would love to take a wreck diving class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately NO. Idea of refresher is only to jump back in water and go over all of the skills you have learned during open water class and to make sure you are comfortable back underwater again.
for your own safety other students and instructor I don’t believe anyone would take anyone 70-80 feet deep dive without knowing how comfortable they are underwater.
that being said Padi required to take refresher if you didn’t dive more then a year especially resorts all over the world will ask your to take one before vacation or with them before any ocean dive. It’s all about your own and other divers safety.

You will have to complete PADI advance open water e-learning
5 open water dives
2 of them are mandatory Navigation and deep dive
Remaining 3 are flexible but most popular are pick performance buoyancy, wreck,search and recovery
I am assuming you own your personal gear in addition to that you will have to rent scuba unit. Unfortunately scuba unit is not included in price of class.
BTW who was your instructor?

Myron Joseph from NRPD was my instructor. We spent an overnight in PA and did the open water dives at Dutch Springs. Unfortunately I don't own anything as of yet, I simply don't go enough for the investment although I've always been very interested in my own gear. Sounds like a lot for the advanced portion though, I thought it was a little simpler lol

Ziggy

PADI Instructor
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Myron Joseph from NRPD was my instructor. We spent an overnight in PA and did the open water dives at Dutch Springs. Unfortunately I don't own anything as of yet, I simply don't go enough for the investment although I've always been very interested in my own gear. Sounds like a lot for the advanced portion though, I thought it was a little simpler lol
I know who he is. Lol.
What part should be simpler? Lol.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: