Czynot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
How do you know there is no aluminum leech if you never did a icp test?

Heavy metal can be deadly to corals. Such as copper, tin, aluminum. Any metal is bad for that matters. Even rust from a rusty stand.

Bio bricks are made from alluminum and silicates fires in high temps that turn them into ceramic materials. They usually are inert and not reactive in our tanks. They will show up in icp test due to the way icp test are done.
Are this high aluminum and silicates bad for our close system? That is up for debate. I rather not have it if I don’t need the bio bricks.
I removed my bricks. No3 and po4 show lower since I removed it.

Quick question tho everyone!!!
My previous setup years ago i had marine pure blocks

never noticed or even knew aluminum leaches out

is that very hazardous to a reef tank?? Is there something i can use better???

Last edited:

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
How do you know there is no aluminum leech if you never did a icp test?

Heavy metal can be deadly to corals. Such as copper, tin, aluminum. Any metal is bad for that matters. Even rust from a rusty stand.

Bio bricks are made from alluminum and silicates fires in high temps that turn them into ceramic materials. They usually are inert and not reactive in our tanks. They will show up in icp test due to the way icp test are done.
Are this high aluminum and silicates bad for our close system? That is up for debate. I rather not have it if I don’t need the bio bricks.
I removed my bricks. No3 and po4 show lower since I removed it.
So what do you use for your pods? And i read that a lot of the forums and reviews that they leach out but you just helped me make up my mind

xxxJerseyGuyxxx

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are trying to rush your tank. No way sps should be in your tank already unless you are much more advanced in this hobby than you are. No offense, just don’t want to see you waste more money or be disappointed. Slow down and test your water to better figure out what is going on.
1+ you couldn't of said it better. Listen every one on here has gone threw the same process your are going through with your tank. Members on have been giving you advance on how to do things the right way and not having to do things over again. These members know what there talking about. Dont know how long your tank has been running for. But has far of SPS to your tank that can't handle it right now. You shouldn't continue adding more SPS to your tank. Your going to keep on loosing money and having headaches. Just stick to easy to keep corals for now. Tell you are able to figure out whats going on with your tank. Yes this will take some time no body is gonna learn everything over time. If your on here on this forum please take more advance from other members on here that know what is going on with your tank. Please don't continue doing the same mistakes over again and having to do them over again. Do them the right way first.

"Take a deep breath and think twice before reacting. Reactions are like boomerangs, what you throw out into the world , will eventually come back to you."

Christine E. Szymanski

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: