brick-brothers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
338   0   0
Hey guys I'm plumbed my cal reactor back to my main setup. I kinda forget some things about it.

Question 1: I have water coming out the red vent line into the tank. Is that right?

Question 2: I have the digital carbon doser hooked up to the co2 tank. When it's on it doesn't spit the bubble as designed. I put it for 2 bubbles per min but it spits out a couple of bubbles. I called the company and they said that's fine. That the co2 is just broken up into small bubbles but it's the same amount of co2 that is supposed to spit out. I don't know how true that is.

Questions 3: what do yall have for as the ph range on your apex to control the amount of co2 going into the reactor?
f6937c7877eee84ccbb6fd21f4e21386.jpg

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

mellotang

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Pretty sure the red hose shouldn't have water constantly coming out of it. That's a vent hose which should be hooked up to a float inside the reactor that lets out excess CO2 if it builds up. When gas builds up it pushes down float and vents excess CO2.

Does the reactor have that big grey float on top of the large chamber?

brick-brothers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
338   0   0

brick-brothers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
338   0   0
Pretty sure the red hose shouldn't have water constantly coming out of it. That's a vent hose which should be hooked up to a float inside the reactor that lets out excess CO2 if it builds up. When gas builds up it pushes down float and vents excess CO2.

Does the reactor have that big grey float on top of the large chamber?
Yes it does have it

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Hey guys I'm plumbed my cal reactor back to my main setup. I kinda forget some things about it.

Question 1: I have water coming out the red vent line into the tank. Is that right?

Question 2: I have the digital carbon doser hooked up to the co2 tank. When it's on it doesn't spit the bubble as designed. I put it for 2 bubbles per min but it spits out a couple of bubbles. I called the company and they said that's fine. That the co2 is just broken up into small bubbles but it's the same amount of co2 that is supposed to spit out. I don't know how true that is.

Questions 3: what do yall have for as the ph range on your apex to control the amount of co2 going into the reactor?
f6937c7877eee84ccbb6fd21f4e21386.jpg

water should not be coming out of the red line, red line goes into sump above water line and it is only to degas co2 incase if too much co2 in main chamber, green line is for effluent output, amount of co2 can be adjust based on the output of the alk that is coming out of the reactor. mostly users modify the reactor to accommodate ph probe to monitor the levels of co2 within the reactor. you want to make sure that float valve in the main chamber is working correctly, if co2 is too much in the main chamber and water level drops and float will drop as well and open the valve to release co2 and then close when water in main chamber rises, so confirm that when float valve is closed it is not leaking water or air, once you have it dialed in then it will require very minimal adjustment to dial in.. I hope this helps

brick-brothers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
338   0   0
water should not be coming out of the red line, red line goes into sump above water line and it is only to degas co2 incase if too much co2 in main chamber, green line is for effluent output, amount of co2 can be adjust based on the output of the alk that is coming out of the reactor. mostly users modify the reactor to accommodate ph probe to monitor the levels of co2 within the reactor. you want to make sure that float valve in the main chamber is working correctly, if co2 is too much in the main chamber and water level drops and float will drop as well and open the valve to release co2 and then close when water in main chamber rises, so confirm that when float valve is closed it is not leaking water or air, once you have it dialed in then it will require very minimal adjustment to dial in.. I hope this helps
How can I prevent the water from coming out the vent line. Do you think the reactor lid is defective?

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
How can I prevent the water from coming out the vent line. Do you think the reactor lid is defective?

that means when float rises it is not sealing the water from coming out, make sure that silicone point is sealing the hole properly, when chamber is full of water it should be sealed shut

question - I cant see from picture but is there float valve in the main chamber, it should be attached to lid where co2/ water mixing plate is under the lid ?

brick-brothers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
338   0   0
that means when float rises it is not sealing the water from coming out, make sure that silicone point is sealing the hole properly, when chamber is full of water it should be sealed shut

question - I cant see from picture but is there float valve in the main chamber, it should be attached to lid where co2/ water mixing plate is under the lid ?
Yes there is. I'll turn it off and take a pic of it when I get home

brick-brothers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
338   0   0
hey, i think i sold you the reactor.
just put a manual valve at the end of tubing, when theres too much air open the valve and dump it. or buy a new seat for the valve
Hey bro, how you been? So question if I put a manual value at the end would it be an problem with the excess co2 escaping? Or its not that common that I don't have to worry about it?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: