• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
A- that was kinda my idea..I'm wondering now if my other Exquisite is actually a female as they aren't getting along too well yet. Time will tell.

Dean- thank you sir :)

No Mark this guy was a little baby when I got him. I think Mike sold Thunder..the most famous LMB on MR ...lol

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Just 2 pics..will be adding a 3rd later today of the new zoas from HoF (wow on the color!)

Have been trying to capture the color of these acans in the middle of the pic since the swap, think I succeeded :) They came from Dr. Mac. The Mircos toward the right are from Alex..one is missing, glue failure..it is elsewhere in the tank and doing great!!
PC240004.jpg

I got these guys from Ronen a while back. Til I saw the pic, I didn't realize a 3rd head has grown on the back. There are 2 different types on the larger disc and they get prettier every day..and there are a bujch of babies around the edge that you can't see! The 2 little ones on the other discs are going to be awesome when they get bigger..the colors in them are wild :)
PC240014.jpg

inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Kathy,

Word of advice about those corals, they look terrible they clash with everything in your tank.

If you want I'ld gladly take them of your hands.

j/K

Nice stuff!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
nice looking acans kathy, got to be a step ahead of you and vic next swap :D
I just got lucky on that particular one Alvin, I don't recall it looking those colors in his display. I liked a couple of the pieces you picked too!! :)
I'll make sure you're at the front of the line the next time! Ok, well maybe next to me...lol

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Just a few quickies as work has rudely been taking up my time..
Tried for a FTS and they all came out awful, so I will spare you the pain of looking.

Focusing instead on my Dusky Wrasse & Yellow Coris who bore the brunt of my Christmas Wrasse going psycho on his tank mates. The Christmas has been re-homed. Had a heck of a time trapping him as he wouldn't go near the first trap (thanks Tony!!). I ended up drilling holes in my top down box & cutting a quick top for it & gluing a hinge on it. It looked like hell but worked. I left it hanging in the tank overnight with a string to my desk weighted down by an old cleaning magnet...and awoke to a sign stuck on the tank (compliments of one of my sons ) that read...Acme Products beep-beep. lol

The Dusky was missing for 15 days & I figured he was a goner but he was out within a couple of hours of the Christmas leaving..a little worse for the wear but I think he'll be fine. Back to eating like a pig :)
The marks you see will hopefully heal in time..assuming it's some missing scales...
DuskyJan30.jpg

The Yellow Coris did pop out of the sand every few days while hiding from the Christmas..then wham..right back in..it was all so sad to watch. He always hangs in the corner of the tank next to my desk when I'm working. ..it's good to have him back again..I'd hug him if I could...
Coris.jpg

My Lubboks Wrasse..he did stay out while the Christmas was doling out misery..he too has war wounds
LubbocksJan30.jpg

This one is for you JHov...couldn't resist ;)
suncoralJan30.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
A sure sign of slacking is having to to a 'search' to find your own tank thread...lol

Another swap has come and gone and yes indeedy, I have more corals!..not that I need an excuse to make a 'coral run'...lol

Still no FTS as I haven't gotten to rearrange the rocks on the right side of the tank yet. It's on my very long to-do list.

A few pics of some of the fun things I've added to the tank since January..

I got the first 2 pics from HoF..thanks Jim & Russ!!
IMG_2117.jpg

trimmedduncan.jpg

Lovin' the next few from Tony T :hug:
IMG_2114-1.jpg

IMG_2115-1.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

A zoa from Dr. Mac on the left and another beauty from Alex on the right :) The pale yellow skirt on that zoa is amazing!!
IMG_2122trimmed.jpg

That's it for now..will update this more soon...I hope :)
Thanks for looking!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: