KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
thats one of my favorite fish :inlove: but they tend to flip crabs and snails but it is amazing to watch them eat krill

you're being kind...that fish would flip over a VW if I put it in the tank and it wasn't nailed down! lol The longer he gets the more leverage he has..amazing to watch his stength :) Unfortunately, none of those nice brain corals or anything else that sits on the sandbed for me with him around..keeps the tank neat though!!

Rich..you have to see the size of the Tyree Toadstool I got from you..it must be 10+" across, working on fragging it as it blocks a lot of light. Beautiful coral :biggrin:

Thanks for the kind words folks..will get up a FTS soon.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Sorry, no FTS that I like yet, they all come out awful or the light from the other tank is an image in the center of the pics...one of these days, I promise!!

Just a quickie post to show off my new fish :) I don't add fish very often but I couldn't pass up this little guy..a Blue Spot Jawfish..Opistognathus rosenblatti.
After a long acclimation, I dropped him into the tank an hour or 2 before lights out figuring I'd shut them off early if one of the bigger fish made any threatening moves towards him. He panicked at first, then stopped in the top corner and looked around & dropped down behind the rocks.
I figured I'd give him a week to settle in and be sure to drop some food back in the area he was hiding and hope that he would build his burrow where I might catch a glimpse of him every now & then.
The following morning found him in the right front corner of the tank building his new home :) He couldn't seem to care less about the huge fish swimming above him or diving past him to get behind the rocks at his front door..he doesn't even flinch when they go by -- happy dance!!
He is eating very well... mysis, cyclopeeze, Omega One Pellets.. and today is comfortable enough to venture about 5 inches out of his burrow to grab some food..all good news!! (no whammies!!)

Here is a crappy pic of the new kid on the block..
IMG_4267closeup.jpg

I'd like to thank Salt Water City - Lenny especially, for holding him until I could get there. He's a perfect match with my other fish!! :)

I'll get some better pics up soon..thanks for looking!!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Hey beautiful lady where is the FTS? Are you trying to make me come out for a visit? I want to see your little piece of the ocean....:)

I will have the FTS right after I can find the charger for my good camera, hoping to have them up by tonight...been looking for it since yesterday:(

[How many T5 lamps are you running on the 120? And are you using any special combo of lamps? To bring out the color of all the corals /QUOTE]
Hey JL..I am currently running 8 bulbs on the tank. 3 are UVL Super Actinics run off an Icecap 660 with individual Icecap reflectors. The other 5 bulbs are in a Tek T5 fixture. I run a mix of bulbs in there, a few of which I am going to be changing out to get my colors to pop a little more.
I haven't decided yet on what bulbs I'm going with.
Current mix is all ATI bulbs..2 Aquablue Plus, 2 Blue Special and 1 Red (coral plus or Pro..forgot the name).
The corals are liking to colors better than I am..but remember, my tank is almost exclusively softies.

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I will have the FTS right after I can find the charger for my good camera, hoping to have them up by tonight...been looking for it since yesterday:(

[How many T5 lamps are you running on the 120? And are you using any special combo of lamps? To bring out the color of all the corals /QUOTE]
Hey JL..I am currently running 8 bulbs on the tank. 3 are UVL Super Actinics run off an Icecap 660 with individual Icecap reflectors. The other 5 bulbs are in a Tek T5 fixture. I run a mix of bulbs in there, a few of which I am going to be changing out to get my colors to pop a little more.
I haven't decided yet on what bulbs I'm going with.
Current mix is all ATI bulbs..2 Aquablue Plus, 2 Blue Special and 1 Red (coral plus or Pro..forgot the name).
The corals are liking to colors better than I am..but remember, my tank is almost exclusively softies.

Sounds like a good mix im currently running a mix of geismann true actinic, actinic + and blue + and am very happy with the color, in the future I plan to get a better fixture with better reflector aswell sub one of the actinic plus with a fiji purple, but your colors look awsome, great job as always

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Kathy - I am loving looking at the pics of your corals!!!

i sit at your feet, master!

:)

:eek:...well get the heck up and look at the corals I don't take pics of..the ones that look like they were hit by a truck (ok, more like they were in the wrong flow or lighting and don't look too swift at the moment..) we can sit and lament at those...lol
..but I do appreciate the sentiment Tahl! :hug:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Found my camera manual while looking for my battery charger (..for 2 days..) and found this really great section on white balance. I just have to read it..lol, after that I'll get up some decent FTS's...for now a few pics before reading the manual..

The smallest fish at the top is a Cryptic 6 line wrasse..he is only about 1 1/4" long, and that is as big as he gets. Totally laid back fish, a good choice for folks who want a 6 line but none of the aggression.
IMG_4724Trio.jpg

For Alan (lazibones) ;)
IMG_4627ForAlan.jpg

Someday I will get a good clear pic of the colors on my Dusky Wrasse (Halichoerea marginatus)
IMG_4723Dusky.jpg

Just because..
IMG_4949Trimmed.jpg

Still lovin up my rics!
IMG_4472Ric.jpg

I will never ever get over just how beautiful this fish is.. (Coris gaimard)
IMG_4564T.jpg

..and the one FTS that I was satisfied enough with to post...I will post more soon, including close ups..
IMG_4571FTS.jpg

Thanks for looking!! :)

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Thanks guys & gals :)

A couple of new pieces from WWoF, my New Years gift to myself :)

A courageous move on my part adding a BTA to my tank, not like it isn't already a tad overcrowded or anything! ...as long as it doesn't go wandering around, we'll both be happy :) I couldn't resist the colors!
IMG_5601.jpg

I guess I got lucky on this piece and beat everybody to the store. :spin: So what that I had to drive through the snow & wind...a minor inconvenience..it is in the center of the pic, not so easy to see. Will have to get better pics of it!
IMG_5607.jpg

I also picked up an aquamarine-ish colored BTA that I put into my 33g cube tank as well as a small carnation coral for my 120. Pics soon on those.

Thanks for looking!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: