Status
Not open for further replies.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
They are a difficult species to keep, even if they're given the proper diet requirement most still don't make it. Even if they're picking on things in the tank it's usually not enough to kept them alive for a long time. Even the ones that do eat usually live just a fraction of what they do in the wild.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Thanks everyone! It's been a week now and everything seems to have stabilized and is looking good. I'm getting an algae bloom, but that was to be expected since I switched up my sand and added some new rock. All of my fish are behaving normally and my corals have all opened up (or completely died) with few exceptions. The algae bloom looks yucky, but I've never seen my blenny cover so much ground in my tank. He zips around everywhere eating off of the rocks.

2932042711_0dc3351d69.jpg

My male pylei wrasse wants to say hi.

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! It's been a week now and everything seems to have stabilized and is looking good. I'm getting an algae bloom, but that was to be expected since I switched up my sand and added some new rock. All of my fish are behaving normally and my corals have all opened up (or completely died) with few exceptions. The algae bloom looks yucky, but I've never seen my blenny cover so much ground in my tank. He zips around everywhere eating off of the rocks.

2932042711_0dc3351d69.jpg

My male pylei wrasse wants to say hi.

Hi ;-) ellebelle
Glad to read that things are going for the better:Hydrogen::flower::smile:

Hi pylei wrasse... Cheers;-)
Nice fish you've brought home ellebelle and good choice to for the reef as one can read in the following introduction done by pylei wrasse - Cirrhilabrus pylei

pylei wrasse - Cirrhilabrus pylei - introduction said:
Hi you fine reef keepers, I'm feeling lucky, like a million bucks:inlove: for ellebelle gave me that :flirt: look and took me home to her nice and cosy reef, so here's a bit about me and some more and some more and...hey here's another at Manhattan Reefs..well I'm off to explore this nice reef which is my home. Nice to meet you all, take care

Nice fish indeed, excellent taste and choice.

Cheers
Pedro Nuno ;-)

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Hi ;-) Hi pylei wrasse... Cheers;-)
Nice fish you've brought home ellebelle and good choice to for the reef as one can read in the following introduction done by pylei wrasse - Cirrhilabrus pylei

I've had him for almost a year now - and I got him from another member who had him for a while who got him from ANOTHER member who had him for a while. :). I actually have a M/F "pair" - I put the pair in quotations because when I first got the female (very difficult to track down, btw) my male started to color up and he would flash all the time and they would do some modified type mating behavior at "dawn" when my lights were coming on. But they don't quite behave like that anymore. The male still has all of his color though - I guess they're past the honeymoon phase of their relationship. :) I'd love to get another female so he could have a tiny harem, but I'm afraid the female I have would kill another female. She's small but very very mean.

These are old pics, but here are the male and female full body shots:
2102570688_0b99d15f28.jpg

2101791849_ccf75525ec.jpg

Last edited:

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had him for almost a year now - and I got him from another member who had him for a while who got him from ANOTHER member who had him for a while. :).

Hi ellebelle, that's nice to know that you've got it from another member that in turn got it form another, it means that fish is been esteemed by many people that for one reason or other decide to hand it over to another person who they new would take good care of the fish.
I have this young girl that is now close to 4 years old and had two owners previously, its a Pygoplithes diacantus, a queen angel that you can see here eating natural live sponge that I collect everu now and then at a rocky beach some 7km from my place.

http://www.reefforum.net/photopost/data/534/Pygoplithes_a_comer_esponja_2.MOV

ellebelle said:
I actually have a M/F "pair" - I put the pair in quotations because when I first got the female (very difficult to track down, btw) my male started to color up and he would flash all the time and they would do some modified type mating behavior at "dawn" when my lights were coming on. But they don't quite behave like that anymore. The male still has all of his color though - I guess they're past the honeymoon phase of their relationship. :) I'd love to get another female so he could have a tiny harem, but I'm afraid the female I have would kill another female. She's small but very very mean.

That's a wise decision to take as things can get dramatic if one does not have enough room to provide for protogynous hermaphrodite fishes and even so...enjoy them as it is...and i wouldn't be surprised if :flirt: honeymoon would return...cross fingers to that.

Cheers
Pedro Nuno ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: