bonese

Nano Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey everyone, I'm in need of some help. I have a 24G Nano cube. completely stock. I am going to upgrade it ery soon with a skimmer and a lighting revamp. However I am unsure as to what is the best equipment on the current market. I was thinking about LEDS but dont really know the pros or cons versus metal halide. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
i had one and if i were you and you want to keep this thing for a while, then i would go for a sump and an auto top off besides putting a skimmer on it. My pref for lighting was 400watt Mh because i was keeping clams and sps. the T5's are fine if you keep softies and they have a nice look especially the tek's. just my 2 cents.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i have the current 24g ap with the 20" current 6 bulb t5 light and keep sps as well, skimmers you really cant get a decent one till you change the lights. i would definately get a auto top off unit, stability and skimmer prformance will change with water level. what brand is the nano also, change factory return pump to a maxijet 1200 also. had a few nano skimmers and getting ready to buy the euroreef version read alot of good reviews

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Good skimmer? I wouldn't say that. It takes a Deltec rated for a 180gal tank and a $500 price tag to effectively skim a 24gal nano :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: