albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
hopefully you check the level on it lol and where are the pic's with the skins on it ? slacker
level is on stand. pic #6
Who made the tank?
Glass Cages, looks great, no problems dealing with them (did not ask for RUSH order) they actually called me for early delivery!

is all your livestock going into this one?
Yes Sir, contents of 130g softie tank, 130g sps, 170g lps (w/24" RBTA, and 18" leather), and a frag tank, mostly, full of chalice colonies, and ALOT of fish, many with me for 5 years already.
Like your title line. Get's people to look!!!
SORRY about that, couldn't help, myself...I'm 3rd generation, car dealer!
Wow, gonna be some ocean in there!
Well, at least MY slice!
i see you beat tobin to the finish line...lol
I WISH this was the finish line...it's not over till it's over...this isn't a little race, this is the Tour de France...I'm still worried, I've heard that Tobin may be juiced!
WOW thats a nice size tank.
Thank You...I'm doing this for all of Westchester!
man that is a huge tank hope that enough wood to support it
Actually stand is not complete...builder did not bring enough 4X4s with him...I put tank on stand for pics, and measurements, he'll be back in day or 2, but doesn't interfere with other preparations I have to make...BUT all observations are NECESSARY, PLEASE feel free to mention ANYTHING that may not look right.

FINALLY!!! Now i can focus my attention on your tank still i am forever waiting to do mine:irked:. Did you change tanks cause i don't remember it being that huge (think i might have to buy a bigger tank)
It's the same tank you saw here, and it HAS taken too much time, but at least I don't have as many tanks and homes to worry about, as you!
OK...so where does the FREE stuff come in LOL?
not charging ANYONE (even you) for looking!...there will be a donation requested for guided tours!
how thick is the acrylics, it seems thin for height of the tank
tank is 3/4" acrylic, but only 27" tall...will be fine
that tank is bigggg. congratulations
Thank you, hopefully THIS is the last upgrade!
Hope it's done faster than my build is taking,,lol
I HOPE SO TOO, I'm still going to need your help/expertise to get this done!
Nice! What's the gallonage on a tank like that? What are you going to light it up with?
tank is 450g, sump is 150g, and frag tank should be 50-75g...For lights, I was LUCKY to purchase two 72" solaris LED units from MR marketplace, plus I have enough equipment to run 12-16 4' T5 HOs
WOW me,my wife,my 2 kids, and my tv can fit in that lol p.s bird also lol
Well, only because your NEW baby is not due for a few months, otherwise, we're cutting it close, and may have to downgrade from 72" TV!
1000 frags are good and he can make minature chessy looking sunken ship scenario in it.
already received 'sunken ship' as Christmas gift, feel bad about, not yet, using it. As for corals, Tobin has been going around, buying up ALL the corals, he can get...I have a feeling, he's waiting to SURPRISE me!.................WOW, answering this thread is killing me, and taking time from the build........Thanks everyone, hope to keep you all, up to date!

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I'm not a mechanical engineer but I would be worried if the 2X4 stand will handle the weight
the stand as pictured was not complete...there will be nine 4"X4" 'legs' to carry the weight (only 6 are in picture...builder did not bring enough with him) plus 2 additional 2X4 cross beams. The 4X4s are 'notched' for the 2X4s to transfer weight. Will post better pics, when complete...another detail, I did not mention, is that the shelves in front, have their own 2X4 support, making them, a built in STEP, so I will not, constantly need a step-stood for various tasks (stand is 38", top of tank is 65", I'm only 1.45 inches taller!)

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
just going to throw this out cause i would have felt more comfortable myself...why didnt you use a steel platform instead.650 gallons is alot of weight and you would have had alot more room at the bottom.without the interference of the legs.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
...why didnt you use a steel platform instead.650 gallons is alot of weight and you would have had alot more room at the bottom.without the interference of the legs.
steel frame was too big, and would have to be made in house...I'm happy with the wood frame, plenty of storage space under tank, sump/fish room is behind wall.
New pics show add'l 3 legs under stand (total 9 4X4 legs), finished bookcase w/ built in step, custom molding, (no sharp edges, with 3 yr. old in house), and dual rear overflows, each 30" long for a total 5 ft. of surface skim. Some work, still left to do,on stand, but must wait to start/finish plumbing/electrical. .
450_stand_020.jpg
450_stand_029.jpg
450_stand_028.jpg
450_stand_023.jpg
450_stand_022.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: