Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Is there More than one LFS for salt water and reef stuff on Staten Island?
If so where are they?? I think the only one left is animal kingdom?

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
The only other one is Animal Pantry on Hylan and Buel but it is not very well stocked for saltwater. When the older gentlemen was there (John?) it was better - now it is kind of hit or miss.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Will always has a nice selection, even if you don't walk out with several frags ,you will definitely walk out with one or two. you can also ask if he will get what you want in his next shipment.

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
what's their address? and do they have coral?

Great store and Will is a great guy, The address:

1150 St. Georges Avenue
Avenel, NJ 07001

St. Georges Avenue is Rte. 35. Take 184 when you come over the bridge to 9 North. 9 will dump you on to Rte. 1 North and stay towards the right and then take 35 North. He is less than a mile from there - turn into the first driveway after the Burger King.

LatinP

Look at my bare bottom!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Decent prices and better than most quality livestock at Aquatic Obsessions. If you go the other route into the city definitely check out Manhattan Aquariums. Only thing I really hate about living on the Island is having to pay a toll no matter which way I go.

Gene0514

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Not sure if anyone knows yet, but Petland Discounts on hylan plaza has a saltwater section now. Its pretty good too. Fish look healthy. Tanks are clean. They have a small amount of corals and anemones.

LatinP

Look at my bare bottom!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Not sure if anyone knows yet, but Petland Discounts on hylan plaza has a saltwater section now. Its pretty good too. Fish look healthy. Tanks are clean. They have a small amount of corals and anemones.

Hylan got salt because they transfered the manager from the mall one over to Hylan believe me tanks look clean because they've only been up a few weeks look back in a year and they'll be kept exactly the same as the one at the mall.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Businesses in general do not survive in staten island it's so isolated from the rest of the world. No one is going to go there from anywhere else to go to a fish store. Especially w/ the high toll and it's going up to 15 from what I hear so that alone is going to eliminate everyone else in the surrounding boroughs. I don't think the 20 or so reefers on here that live in si which are probably close to the total amount in existence are enough to support a store with all the overhead that is involved. Which is why every store that has been there goes out of business. The only pet stores that survive out there is pet land and pet smart and it's mostly because they sell everything pet related. A big majority of their sales is dog and cat accessories and food.

nuch

Babe it was on sale!
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
The petland by the mall, Best Buy shopping center there pretty decent. just started getting some coral and they told me on tue that next week there doing a reef tank. He started cycling the water. They get saltwater fish every tue.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: