Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 06:27 AM
Reefer Ratings: (4 (100%)
Friends: (9)
Send a Private Message
Anyone know if they carry frozen food??

Old 03-17-2011, 06:44 AM
Reefer Ratings: (9 (100%)
Friends: (3)
Send a Private Message
Yes they do

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs
Old 04-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Look at my bare bottom!
Reefer Ratings: (2 (100%)
Send a Private Message
Statenis

Decent prices and better than most quality livestock at Aquatic Obsessions. If you go the other route into the city definitely check out Manhattan Aquariums. Only thing I really hate about living on the Island is having to pay a toll no matter which way I go.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:04 PM
Reefer Ratings: (3 (100%)
Friends: (2)
Send a Private Message
Not sure if anyone knows yet, but Petland Discounts on hylan plaza has a saltwater section now. Its pretty good too. Fish look healthy. Tanks are clean. They have a small amount of corals and anemones.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Look at my bare bottom!
Reefer Ratings: (2 (100%)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene0514 View Post
Not sure if anyone knows yet, but Petland Discounts on hylan plaza has a saltwater section now. Its pretty good too. Fish look healthy. Tanks are clean. They have a small amount of corals and anemones.
Hylan got salt because they transfered the manager from the mall one over to Hylan believe me tanks look clean because they've only been up a few weeks look back in a year and they'll be kept exactly the same as the one at the mall.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Reefer Ratings: (3 (100%)
Friends: (2)
Send a Private Message
Ah I understand
Someone should open a decent store on SI with fair prices, not like animal kingdom.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:36 AM
Vendor: Vendor - Issue reason:  
Reefer Ratings: (8 (100%)
Friends: (8)
Send a Private Message
I tried the rents are to high! If i do well enough i plan on expanding to staten

Matty'sCornerAqauriums
Old 10-01-2011, 02:44 AM
Reefer Ratings: (71 (100%)
Friends: (97)
Send a Private Message
Businesses in general do not survive in staten island it's so isolated from the rest of the world. No one is going to go there from anywhere else to go to a fish store. Especially w/ the high toll and it's going up to 15 from what I hear so that alone is going to eliminate everyone else in the surrounding boroughs. I don't think the 20 or so reefers on here that live in si which are probably close to the total amount in existence are enough to support a store with all the overhead that is involved. Which is why every store that has been there goes out of business. The only pet stores that survive out there is pet land and pet smart and it's mostly because they sell everything pet related. A big majority of their sales is dog and cat accessories and food.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Reefer Ratings: (101 (100%)
Friends: (74)
Send a Private Message
Animal Pantry used to have a decent FW and SW section but it has gone downhill since Jimmy left but most of their business is dog and cat food.
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please feel free to ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me, and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...

Check out my 120 upgrade and custom stand & canopy build here.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Babe it was on sale!
Reefer Ratings: (33 (100%)
Friends: (16)
Send a Private Message
The petland by the mall, Best Buy shopping center there pretty decent. just started getting some coral and they told me on tue that next week there doing a reef tank. He started cycling the water. They get saltwater fish every tue.