Rating - 100%
90   0   0
There are a couple of SPS pieces I would buy. I think Grevedin probably wants in as well.

Count me in for at least $50. Let me know when you are closer to ordering and I will tell you exactly what I will be getting.

Also, I don't mind accepting a shipment and putting the frags in my tank till pickup.

Thanks,
Josh

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Josh,

That's a great idea as it will allow for some good holding time in the event someone is late or doesn't make it. Also, I think the location will be good if someone is coming from (or needing to return to) Jersey.

Ok - here we have it so far. Kelly, I know you want some sps so just jump in and let me knw what you are in for. Anyone else, if you are inerested in getting on this order email me at:
[email protected]

The date is mid-to late February

Houseofha - $30 ? orange zoos and green digitata
Joshsaul - $50 ? order to be determined
Grevdin - $? - order and amount to be decided
SWW1268 - $? - order and amount to be decided

Total $80

Location is Union Square area walking distance from the trains. Exact location will be disclosed to your personal email once order is finalized and placed.

As soon as we get a good response and I hear from spsfrags.com re:free shipping etc I will update everyone.

House

SWW1268

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
February and Union Square is good for me. I'm in for $25-$50. So, how does this go? Do I (1) place an order with spsfrag.com and tell them that it's part of the group buy to save on shipping or (2) send my money to spsfrag.com then we all split an order of goodies?

T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
put me down for that Hippopus. it's 18 dollars list price and a couple pounds of base rock. I guess that's 20-25 bucks.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
SWW1268 ,

Here is what I think, but am open to ideas:

I spoke with Patrick today (SPSfrags)- he mentioned that he will give the same 10% off the entire order and might be able to do something on the shipping for softies only. He won't be able to move on the shipping for SPS.

The February date is a TENTATIVE date to give everyone an opportunity to get their ducks in order. If we have our ducks in order before then, we can order sooner. Ducks in order means that the reefers who want to buy will make it on a day that's agreeable. Unfortunately, that will mean that somewhere someone will have to give up walking their dog - otherwise, a day for pick-up will never be good. due to too many excuses.

In terms of the $$ transaction, I think an incentive for Patrick is to not have to process the individual orders one by one - and to process one order which we will manage the $$.

Since I have dealt with just about everyone here on a trading (or otherwise) level, I think we can paypal to one person, perhaps the website owner and the order can be placed then. Or it can come to me and I can place the order on my Credit Card? If Patrick has Paypal, perhaps we can pick a day that we are all going to order and all order on that day and also pick a day for delivery so he can set our pieces aside? I wil ask and see if he has this and is willing.

What is everyone comfortable with?

Right now we are tentatively at $190 bucks and its only been a day. If we pick a total (say $250)then, we can order sooner. What does everyone think of that?

Jim

Trana

Administrator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't mind collecting the money if it is done via paypal. I will then pay Patrick with my credit card. I would however appreciate it if someone else can take care of the details (i.e. who is getting what, who owes what). We need to get that list together before anything else happens.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Trana,

Thanks a ton on the offer. I spoke with Patrick today and he said that hecould organize everyione Paypal payment and that this is his preferred method. For those of you I know - if you do't have a paypal account, I will float you and you can bring the cash that evening.

We will definately need a location to deliver to and some of the participants have already mentioned the weekend - would this be a possibility - I think we should handle this democratically. Who wants weeknight and who wants weeekend? Please chime in where appropriate.

Also, we are currentlty at $190 - I think we should procede once we hit $259

Jim

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I can take the shipment at my apartment, provided that I can borrow grevedin's frag holder box thing.
approve.gif

I think I'm fairly central to most people (Union Square Manhattan).

A weekend is best for me, and I need to plan it in advance because my schedule fills up rather quickly these days.

Let me know what you all think.

SWW1268

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My vote:
Union Sq on a weekend
Paypal to Patrick (How we're going to calc shipping? I have no idea.)

My selection:
Orange digitata $25
Purple secale $30
Yellow porites $25
Seriatopora caliendrum $20
Total = $100

The Tri-color secale won't be available for 3 months, so I've changed my order. Let's get this done before I spend more $$$.

Thanks

[ January 23, 2003, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: SWW1268 ]

Kelly

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
My vote:
Union Sq on a weekend
Paypal to Patrick

My order:
Acropora Yongei $18.00
Green w/purple edge Cap. $35.00
Seriatopora Caliendrum $20.00

Total: $73.00 plus my share of shipping
Let me know when this is happening.
Thanks

T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Houseofha - $30
SWW1268 - $100
grevedin - $30
Rupert - $20-$25
Kelly - $73
josh saul - $63

total - $316
minus 10 percent 284.40

don't you think it's worth paying a little morre for shipping to get it on saturday? shipping coral and then aclimating it twice will put it through a LOT of stress

[ January 25, 2003, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: The Great Rupert ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: