Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Need ID for some white sesame looking thing on the glass tank. THey are like 2 to 3 dots in a cluster and I found 3 clusters.

My camera cannot focus to the glass-will try again later tonight to show you guys the pics.

SeasameLookingWhiteDotsAppearingOnTheGlassP1000385copy.jpg

Here is the picture.

They don't move.

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
spykes said:
they are eggs like steve said, from a snail called [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Nerite snails
[/FONT]

Thanks for the good eyes.

Read all the info I need after your post.

I do have plenty of Nerite snails in my tank to begin with.

I changed my mind to keep this thread alive and wait til the thing hatches so that everyone here can know for sure what they are.

Last edited:

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
LOL UR TWO PICS Are the same... you cant distinguish anything from them, they look like sugar coated almonds.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I have seen these in one of my tanks they are like little white leathery sacs attached to the glass with little yellowish spots in them. They almost looked like sunny side up eggs. Always assumed they were eggs of some invert.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
New observations but no answers yet.

The tiny dots continue to show up but no new snails appear in that tank.

I set up another tank where there is no "seeable snail" with just rock, shrimps, green carpet and macro algae. These dots appears in that tank as well. The only newly live appears on its own in the tanks are tube worms and baby feather dusters. I will continue to watch this tank for couple months and if for couple month later, there are no seeable snails come up while the dots continue to appear, I think it's safe to rule out that they are any of my snails' eggs. I will set up two 10G, one with a rock that I can see the worms are on there and one that does not, to see what's going to show up this time. I will try to clean out all the dots on the rocks if they are there. I start to have a feeling that these dots could be somehow related to the tube worms or baby feather dusters because these two seeable animals are the only lives shows up by themselves along with the dots in the green carpert tank. I will also try to note if the copepod plays a role here this time.

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Had the same on my rockwork and thought it was something bad. Damn those nerrite snails, still have like 15 little spots closed two opened and seen a few babies walking around which quickly dissapeared either to the inside rockwork or my scooter blenny. Changes in PH usually cause them to spawn for some reason after doing a little research into it with a few other defining circumstances. Reminded me of my cichlid spawn cycle, where lowering of the temp and doing a big water change (25-35%) would provoke a spawning of a few of my cichlids. Heavy rainfall which caused a drop in PH and water temp = :bunnies: for my cichlids =0) Who says you need candles, wine and some barry white to get into the mood...

I placed a PH buffer in my tank (PH was terribly low) and a day later had a good 7-10 white spots which only appeared on a certain type of rockwork.

these guys are the slowest but best algae eaters from what i hear. You should have known that by now though =0) Pretty interesting info if you ask me

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: