NYReef

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Mine was white and dark red/purple, the color spectrum changes with flash and different bucket colors. The important thing is the shape and MO, which is to knock over corals and eat zoanthids. There are many color variations which I found out after doing a search and some reading, there are many many species. That was the shape, mine was more color mottled.

NYReef

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Deanos, this is the closest pic of the crab, and exactly the pattern of coloration. This is a flash pic so the colors are skewed, it looks like deep maroon in person. Nasty little freak that eats zoanthids and knocks over corals, even epoxied ones.

25s30qg.jpg

Last edited:

NYReef

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Wasn't cool having to pull my live rock plus the loss of several zoanthids, animal cruelty was on my mind when it came to riding my tank of this pest. I check everything I put in my tank, and how this got past me I'll never know, but just learn from my mistake, it wasn't fun.

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
NYReef said:
Wasn't cool having to pull my live rock plus the loss of several zoanthids, animal cruely was on my mind when it came to riding my tank of this pest. I check everything I put in my tank, and how this got past me I'll never know, but just learn from my mistake, it wasn't fun.

If you ever pass by Brooklyn, I can put it in my rock tank

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: