Jay415

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed this on the rock that my torch coral came in on. Anyone have a clue? It?s about a 1/4?
b1c7932dcb8cdd01b058584e84e3d575.jpg

2269b4f83461cb0e2db88fe189084377.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay415

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually just went to take a look at it with the light off and it was about a half inch lower. I shined the flashlight on it and it seems to crawl back into the hole it was sitting in, but I couldn?t see any legs moving. Could it be a type of urchin?

Last edited:

Jay415

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what kind? Or if it?s good/bad? I?ve been searching pics and can?t find one that looks like this one.

Jay415

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a manjano anemone, did you try poking it with a stick? It would retract and ball up if it is a manjano. Can you remove it or is it stuck to the rock?

Hmm you may have nailed it. It does look very similar to pics I searched. Also I noticed it has some type of tentacles them at are extremely hard to see, but you can kinda make them out in the video I posted. I can?t see an urchin have those. But will can an anemone move that fast?

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Hmm you may have nailed it. It does look very similar to pics I searched. Also I noticed it has some type of tentacles them at are extremely hard to see, but you can kinda make them out in the video I posted. I can?t see an urchin have those. But will can an anemone move that fast?

Take a flat head screw driver and chip a piece of the rock off with the majano on it.

Do it before they spread in your tank and sting your corals.

Or remove the torch coral from that rock and put on clean rock or frag disc.

Have fun :)

Jay415

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tried picking it out of its little hole and it seems to have kinda wedged itself in and the spines are definitely harder, rather than fleshy. So now I?m really now sure. I?ll try and catch it later when it comes out of the hole. If I can?t I will chip that part of rock off.

Edit:

I?ll update when I can inspect it better, but it doesn?t react when touched and doesn?t look like Majano Anemone in this video.
https://youtu.be/nFFpBRVOZ_0

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Is it moving around the rock??

If so it's probably not an majano or an aipthasia..if it's just retracting into the rock then thats a different story and yes it should be removed.

I agree...take a small screwdriver or knife and try to chip out the piece of rock it's on.

Jay415

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it moving around the rock??

If so it's probably not an majano or an aipthasia..if it's just retracting into the rock then thats a different story and yes it should be removed.

I agree...take a small screwdriver or knife and try to chip out the piece of rock it's on.

Oh it?s definitely moving around. This morning it was on the other side of the rock and eventually went back into the hole it like sitting in. Watch my video I posted. You can see it move into the hole.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: